Yahoo mail issues

TatDroid

Reaction score
I set up my Yahoo mail account on my Bionic on Thursday (went to "accounts", "add account", "Yahoo mail", - then entered email address and password) and everything was working perfectly. Until yesterday when I noticed the account hadn't been syncing for the last 24 hours. When I click on "refresh" I just get the spinning refresh arrows - but nothing refreshes. It doesn't time out, it doesn't give me any network error or any other error messages - the refresh arrows just keep spinning until I give up and close (it will go on for at least 10 to 15 minutes if I let it)

I re-entered the password and tried again. Nothing. I deleted the account and re-added it. It accepts the email address and password and says my new account has been added - but the refresh arrows just spin and no mail comes into the account.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Any ideas?

GBH2

Reaction score
Yahoo won't work right set up through email accounts unless you pay for yahoo plus. But you can just download the Yahho Mail App from the Market - that works well.

OP
T

TatDroid

Reaction score
After an install and reinstall, then a reboot it still wouldn't sync. Then later this afternoon it suddenly started syncing again. Go figure. And yes, the "add account ", then choosing "Yahoo account" does work, and I do not have a Yahoo premium account.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

GBH2

Reaction score
After an install and reinstall, then a reboot it still wouldn't sync. Then later this afternoon it suddenly started syncing again. Go figure. And yes, the "add account ", then choosing "Yahoo account" does work, and I do not have a Yahoo premium account.

Yes, I know you can set it up. I did it with my Droid. IT will work and then it won't. But good luck with it

KBToy007

Reaction score
Just want to bump this one up... I just experienced this issue, Yahoo Mail account was working fine until today it stop syncing... Although when I tried to send an email to m work email, it did go thru and I received it...

Anybody experiencing same issue today? Maybe just a communication issue with VZW and Yahoo???

And oh, I tried deleting my Yahoo account, set it up again and still won't sync and I'm now left with blank inbox for over an hour now... I also set it up as 'Email' (I got a connection error notification) and 'Yahoo Mail' in the setup accounts and no luck to both...

EDIT: Looks like it's just a fluke over at Yahoo... By fiddling with it further I did some test to my Yahoo account using a regular computer/browser and I also encountered (once) a connection to the server issue... And as I'm typing this message, my Yahoo account starts syncing back again! Btw, don't forget to enable 'Data Push' for your Yahoo Mail account :)

Last edited:

CaptM

Reaction score
Yahoo won't work right set up through email accounts unless you pay for yahoo plus. But you can just download the Yahho Mail App from the Market - that works well.

As a Network/Systems Admin who has had to set up these accounts, I can tell you this is true if you want to set up your Yahoo mail to work with Exchange.
However, the regular free version of Yahoo Mail will work/sync with any smartphone, I've used it on my BB and now on my Bionic and have never had an issue with it

OP
T

TatDroid

Reaction score
I can confirm that I've had no further issues with syncing since my original post. Everything's been working perfectly.

ketan324

Reaction score
Same exact issue

I can confirm that I've had no further issues with syncing since my original post. Everything's been working perfectly.

I have the same exact issue, I got my Droid last Thursday and since then there were 3 separate instances in which Yahoo! Mail refused to sync. I have full network connectivity (sometimes I was even on WIFI), I wouldn't get any errors, the arrows would keep spinning in the mail app and eventually is stops by itself with no new messages. So far, a battery pulls fixed it 2/3 times, and today for examples, it just doesn't want to work. I added the Yahoo! via accounts and clicking on Yahoo!. I had a Berry and Droid Iris before my Bionic and this type of issue has never happened before.

OP
T

TatDroid

Reaction score
Just further confirmation that my free Yahoo account has been syncing fine since my update post on 9/22. Don't know what the issue was, but it hasn't returned.

tjshearer

Reaction score
Same Yahoo email issue

I started having the same issue yesterday, pulled the battery and it fixed it. Question to Motorola, is this going to be fixed? Between losing ringers and email problems, it seems pulling the battery is a daily occurrence.

oceang1

Reaction score
I had the same issues with the sync arrows revolving. I pulled the battery, restarted the bionic and it updated my yahoo email inbox. But -
why is it that when I go to my folders on the phone, the folders are empty. Do I have to sync something that I'm not doing. Thanks.

D.Doksa

Reaction score
I recently had to change my security questions and password on yahoo. Afterwards, I cannot login on my DX.

To clarify, I CAN login with the Yahoo Mail application, but CANNOT login with the Yahoo account I had on my phone.

It told me the username or password were incorrect. Tried everything... Even deleted the mail account on my phone and tried to set it up again.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ecbranch5

Reaction score
I had the same problem that u are talking about. I also tried everything but never could get it to work so I'm know having to use the yahoo mail app.

cbesto

Reaction score
yahoo mail

I think I figured it out I called verizon and they could not help
add account....choose email the generic tab not the yahoo tab.....uncheck the auto configure box.
choose each item in set up all your info should be in there.
Incoming server....pop.att.yahoo.com
outgoing server....smpt.att.yahoo.com

in the advanced area check use secure connection in both