Yahoo IM

tlpowers

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how ti set and use Yahoo Instant massageing on the Droid?

dj928

Reaction score
Is there another way to do it so you stay logged in all the time rather than having to have to login to a website each time?

hipkik

Reaction score
I used to swear by Palringo on Winmo but I find ebuddy gets the job done better for android

virtuox

Reaction score
Meebo stays logged in on my droid at all times, best IM app on Droid currently IMO.

gas34

Reaction score
Just use the browser and log into yahoo. you can run the messenger there. I dont think you get alerts tho if you switch to another app.

dj928

Reaction score
It doesn't stay logged on for me. Every time I go back I'm at the login screen and have to relogin. I want it to stay logged in and notify me when someone IMs me like with my old Voyager.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may be misunderstanding the question/issue, but Meebo has a setting for "Sign on automatically" that when selected will restore the user's status when phone is turned on. That might do what you are looking for.

dj928

Reaction score
I may be misunderstanding the question/issue, but Meebo has a setting for "Sign on automatically" that when selected will restore the user's status when phone is turned on. That might do what you are looking for.

Thanks, I'm very new to the Droid and didn't understand the app thing. I'd logged in via my browser. I ended up loading ebuddy before realizing what had been referred to in this post. Should I uninstall and put in meebo instead? Is it that much better? Thanks :)

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
by all accounts, eBuddy appears to be a very solid app too. I found Meebo early in my time with the Droid and didn't pick up eBuddy until I was reading this forum. Depending on how heavy of an IM user you are, I don't know that you can go wrong with either. Just my $0.02.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I just installed eBuddy and it works pretty well. I was able to keep a chat going for a while without any bugs or lagging. I have it linked to my YIM and FaceBook accounts.