yahoo email issues

shanz04

Reaction score
I have had my account connected to the phone through the email app (pre-installed) since I got it in August without an issue. I had to change my email password this morning now no matter what I do I can't get it to work. I keep getting a message saying error 503 service unavailable. I checked if I needed a software update that is good pulled the battery and even tried deleting the yahoo account and even when I try to do that I get an error saying delete account failed. Any other idea's?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Go to your app drawer. Go to Settings>Application Manager> Swipe over to the where is says All at the top. scroll down to Email select it. Clear defaults and Cache then force stop. Reboot the phone go into the email app and re enter your Yahoo stuff...

Mende

Reaction score
Miller thanks for the info. I was having the exact same problem & your suggestion worked perfectly!

steph207

Reaction score
I tried this fix and my yahoo email will still not load. Although I have another yhaoo account that does.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I tried this fix and my yahoo email will still not load. Although I have another yhaoo account that does.

Are you getting an error at all? Verify you are using the right password and the email is entered properly.... Overall I highly recommend going with either the actual yahoo app or K9... The stock app has many known issues and flaws.

steph207

Reaction score
Yes I am getting the 503 error. When I try to remove the account a message says I would have to do a factory reset

steph207

Reaction score
Yes the data is at zero. It will not allow me to do anything else. Not even a forced stop