Xposed for Android 6.0 Marshmallow Is Almost Ready

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Xposed Framework allows Android users to modify their devices with just root. Many of the customization options previously only available in custom roms can now be applied to any device. It took the Xposed team several months to get Xposed working on Lollipop. They are already very close to having a fully functional build of Xposed for Marshmallow devices.

The Xposed developer "rovo89" gave this statement over at XDA:

I have transferred most of my ART modifications to the 6.0 source code and the few app_process AOSP changes to my binary. It’s more difficult than 5.0 – > 5.1 (which was not much more than a fix update) as Google has refactored and reworked the code in many places. So I had to find out where the code has moved and how it works now (and sometimes, this led to cleaner modifications, which is nice).

Recompilation of odex files seems to work fine, but needs more testing. I also didn’t disable any ART optimizations yet, which will be necessary to ensure that hooked methods are actually called.

There is no estimated time of arrival, all we know is that it will be ready soon!

via XDA

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Sweet!