Xfer of Sms'd photos to gallery

ITguy4

Reaction score
I am in kind of a rush, so I didn't search. I apologize in advance for any redundancy. My new niece was born and I am getting flooded with sms'd photos.

How do I transfer SMS'd photos to gallery. When you choose the photo, absolutely no options are available. No option exists to send, forward or do anything with the sms'd photo. And I suddenly have many of these that I need to forward on, so I need an option.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am in kind of a rush, so I didn't search. I apologize in advance for any redundancy. My new niece was born and I am getting flooded with sms'd photos.

How do I transfer SMS'd photos to gallery. When you choose the photo, absolutely no options are available. No option exists to send, forward or do anything with the sms'd photo. And I suddenly have many of these that I need to forward on, so I need an option.

Ok, simply take the picture from the text, not the one you opened. Long press on it and you will see an option to save to SD card. That will put it in the gallary for you.

Stacman

Reaction score
I don't know about to Gallery, but if you long press on the picture you'll get a message options popup where you can copy to the SD Card.

OP
I

ITguy4

Reaction score
Thank you !! that is awesome and it worked. I thought to try a long press, but I didn't recognize the options and didn't realize that saving to SD card would put in gallery. I am back in business. This site is awesome and we're never treated like idiots !!

qtk

Reaction score

Ok, simply take the picture from the text, not the one you opened. Long press on it and you will see an option to save to SD card. That will put it in the gallary for you.
O.K., but once it is saved to the SD card, I still don't see it in the gallery. Do you have to do anything else?
Thanks,
qtk

OP
I

ITguy4

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to do anything else. I have a feeling the delay you experienced is the same delay that sometimes keeps pictures newly taken from immediately appearing in the gallery. I believe there are several additional threads on that subject.

qtk

Reaction score
SD Pictures

Is the only way to the gallery through the camera? Is there a way to download SD pictures directly to a computer? via bluetooth ?

Thank you.