Replacement Gallery Search

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I have a Moto Z PLAY. My old phone Droid Turbo the older Gallery app that came with the phone. The new phone isn't comparable with the old app.

On a forum member's suggestion, I a am trying KK Gallery. Very close to the old one.

Here's what I'm trying to get beck to being able to use:

I had 1500+ photos on my Sony camera backed up to an external hard drive, PLUS SOME VIDEOS.

Now those videos aren't award winners, but they were welding projects and most importantly of my lab that passed away in September.

I was able to transfer everything to my phone bus USB cake. BUT, with the old gallery , my videos had a"photo" with a triangle denoting it was a video.

When I transferred then to my current phone, I transferred ALL the files associated with the photos and videos thinking some of those files would generate the photo with a triangle mentioned above.

The videos are there, but nothing like a photo telling what it is of.

I've tried a lot of galleries, but nothing generates what I used to have.

Maybe any gallery should, and I just an doing something wrong.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU
Dr. Mark

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I use Google Photos, which should be the gallery you had on the phone when you got it.

I like it mostly because of the free "High Quality" backups, but it does show which "picture" is a video. Maybe not as large as you're looking for, but I think it's pretty obvious which are videos...
10a41515f9c13101ea7913eae318a7fc.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks Jonny Kansas.
That is exactly what in I'm looking for. That's what I used to have.

But, when I use a Google Photos. I show no videos . Not in the chronological order they occurred, or not grouped together at the end.

Maybe I need to go re-transfer just the videos and associated files, or something.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How long after you transfer the files are you checking? It may take a little while for the phone to recognize the files and put them in the gallery.

Another thing to keep in mind, Photos may have them hidden. Generally, when you first open Google Photos, you'll see your camera roll, pictures you've actually taken with the device. Sometimes, it'll show others, depending on where they're stored, but if they don't, slide out the menu on the left side and select "Device folders". You may find them in there.

It may be worth it to upload them to Google Photos from your PC. Then, they'll be visible on the phone as long as you have a data connection and you could download the ones that you'll want to have without data, but have all of the rest still readily available when you're connected.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hello Dr Mark. I also use Gallery KK, and may have been the one that recommended it to you. I wonder if something didn't copy over to your new phone correctly. I shot a quick video in my garage this morning from my phone. Then took a quick video in my office with my work phone and copied it to my laptop then to my Droid Z. Both display with a triangle symbol in Gallery KK. The top image is the one I copied from my computer and the bottom image is a video taken with my Droid Z.

IMG_20161230_083811 (316x640).jpg

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I can take a video with my phone and it does like you said and demonstrated, but the videos on my computer were taken as MPEGs and mov files wit a Sony Mavica from years past, okay laughing is okay. In that PC folder of photos, the videos are at the end of the list. If I separate out, the jpegs from the MPEGs, it separates out .THM files.
So I made a folder on my phone .. PC videos, thinking, or hoping the gallery would find them. Wrong.

I looked for a folder KK Gallery or any gallery app folder while USB connected loo, hoping to drop them right in. Wrong.

I'm lost. Thought the "smartphone" would round them up and place them correctly. :(
Thank you for trying to help.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I copied and pasted my video into the SD Card folder named DCIM > Camera

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk