Xentris Droid Case: First Look

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
First off I apologize for the unprofessional pics but everyone will at least get an idea of what the case looks like.

First off, it's your standard black plastic case. Which I do prefer so I'm happy about that. I bought the case at Best Buy for $19.99 and this was the only color and case available. I wanted to get something asap because I know it may be 2-3 weeks before we start seeing some really nice cases.

When you actually see the case you will see that the device isn't really all that large. I think once we all get our hands on the Droid it will actually feel really good in hand.

Interesting to note the 2 pieces will not snap together. They will rather snap onto the device so the slide out is very protected. The designers could have left a huge cutout if the pieces snapped together leaving the whole side exposed but thankfully they didn't.

You can see in the profile pic, in the background, that on the side where the keyboard slides out the case runs the entire length for added protection. You can also see in the foreground that they left large openings for the volume rocker and camera key.

All in all it seems to be a good case. I will report back once I get it secured onto the device next friday. Which by the way will not come fast enough : )

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you get this at Best Buy today? I was there yesterday hoping to find a case (and possibly the Car and Desk docks), but didn't see anything. I definitely want some sort of protection on hand before I pick mine up on Friday. Did you happen to see any screen protectors? Thanks for the pictures!

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
yes picked it up today. I didnt notice any screen protectors

Naut Human

Reaction score
Good find Cereal! I am not a huge fan of it, but it's not ugly at all. Of course as you mentioned more stuff will be out in a week no doubt, so this would be something to get me by until then. A screen protector is a #1 must for me personally. An Invisable Shield for the Droid would be perfect!

I am sure BB and Verizon Wireless stores will have more options come Friday.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
yeah it's not bad Haut....I should mention thats a little clear rubber band holding it together lol.

Hopefully people realize that.

Be funny if they were thinking wtf is that crossbar going across the entire screen

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good find Cereal! I am not a huge fan of it, but it's not ugly at all. Of course as you mentioned more stuff will be out in a week no doubt, so this would be something to get me by until then. A screen protector is a #1 must for me personally. An Invisable Shield for the Droid would be perfect!

I am sure BB and Verizon Wireless stores will have more options come Friday.

I emailed Invisible Shield earlier tonight to ask if and when they would offer a protector for the Droid. Hopefully I'll hear back from them tomorrow.

cgaliffi

Reaction score
I'm hoping Seidio gets on the ball quickly with their products. I've been a big fan of their cases, etc... By the way I got to check out the above case @ BB and the store reps said more products should be out this week!:biggrin:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah with new phones companies tend to like to release their products the week of, if not the day before / of the phone's release. When I got one of my phones, the rep said the accessories i got for it had just arrived the day prior.

Naut Human

Reaction score
Jhank, let me/us know if you hear anything back from Invisible Shield. You beat me to the punch on the email.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice find! Only 4 Day to launch :icon_ banana:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jhank, let me/us know if you hear anything back from Invisible Shield. You beat me to the punch on the email.

Still haven't received a response, but they did say it could take up to two business days (which would be tomorrow). I picked up the Xentris case for the Droid at Best Buy today. Definitely nothing special and it feels pretty cheap, but it should protect the Droid from scratches until I can find something a little nicer. I already have my eye on a few different cases for the Droid in this link:

Google Docs

4 more days! :icon_ banana:

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
I really hope there's a large accessory following the way iPhone's is... I've seen iPhone accessories at ghetto corner stores! lol.

karenteresa

Reaction score
I bought this today at Best Buy and it made a tiny indent/hole/scratch on the side of my phone. Don't buy it!

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Where exactly? I have it on right now and didn't see any scratches. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

karenteresa

Reaction score
It's kinda hard to take a picture of it lol.

On the right side, an inch up and to the right of the center plastic thing. It's on the silicone/rubber part of the phone.

I thought it was something stuck but when I scratched it off, nothing came off.

The Dare has the same thing and I beat the **** of it and I really don't want my Droid to have any defects on it :(