X2 or iPhone 4?

el-cid

Reaction score
I'm looking for a phone for under $100 for work and it's looking like the Droid X2 and the 8GB iPhone 4 are the best contenders. I've had a OG Droid since February '10 and I love it but it's on its way out and I need something ASAP. Reading the threads in this forum make me think I'd do good to steer clear of the X2 and I've never really read any bad about the iPhone so, though I'd like to think I'm a "droid guy" I'm leaning heavily toward the iPhone. Any input?

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I'm looking for a phone for under $100 for work and it's looking like the Droid X2 and the 8GB iPhone 4 are the best contenders. I've had a OG Droid since February '10 and I love it but it's on its way out and I need something ASAP. Reading the threads in this forum make me think I'd do good to steer clear of the X2 and I've never really read any bad about the iPhone so, though I'd like to think I'm a "droid guy" I'm leaning heavily toward the iPhone. Any input?

Thunderbolt? 99 on contract.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
E

el-cid

Reaction score
Thunderbolt? 99 on contract.

On Verizon's site the T-Bolt is $149 on contract. If it was $99 I'd go for it for sure.

tkuligowski

Reaction score
Well it seems people either love their X2 or hate it. I for one havent had any major problems with mine and like it a lot. I cant imagine using a smaller screen then this anymore. It has all the features I need and seems to have a high build quality. Its hard to be certain, or have any loyalty to an android device now though with a new one coming out every week. Its hard to keep up. I do know one thing though. Now that my area has 4g I would never buy a 3g phone. You should definitely shell out a bit extra for a 4g phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
E

el-cid

Reaction score
Now that my area has 4g I would never buy a 3g phone. You should definitely shell out a bit extra for a 4g phone.

Another good point, but through work we're on 1 year plans and I'm in BFE Montana so it's pretty unlikely I'm going to see a 4G network upgrade within the next year so a 3G phone could get me by for a year.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
On Verizon's site the T-Bolt is $149 on contract. If it was $99 I'd go for it for sure.

Ahh i musta had my ne2 when i bought the bionic and saw that.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Are you extending your contract for the upgrade discount? Amazon Wireless: LG Revolution, Thunderbolt, or as you said iP4. Mind you my wife went to an iP4 after having an OG and she loves it. If your not much into UI customization then its for you, that's the only ONLY con that I'm aware of.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

tkuligowski

Reaction score
Well if you dont care about 4g then id say that an x2, d3 or an iphone are great choices. I like the iphones, and like that they put all their resources into one device vs many making it great not just good in almost every category. If i wasnt partial to android i would choose an iphone if i had to stick with 3g. Again though i need a big screen and hdmi is a must for me which is why i went x2.

OP
E

el-cid

Reaction score
Are you extending your contract for the upgrade discount? Amazon Wireless: LG Revolution, Thunderbolt, or as you said iP4. Mind you my wife went to an iP4 after having an OG and she loves it. If your not much into UI customization then its for you, that's the only ONLY con that I'm aware of.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

I am re-upping a fresh 1 year contract. I love the ability to customize the display on the Droid (I run Beautiful Widgets) and would miss that and the widgets but I can live without them if I get a solid piece of equipment that will keep working smooth for at least a year. As much as I'm uninterested in the iPhone and iTunes they do seem to have things optimized to work together pretty damn well. I need the ability to read and manipulate documents, receive and send e-mail and use a GPS (and Google Earth) in the field.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I am re-upping a fresh 1 year contract. I love the ability to customize the display on the Droid (I run Beautiful Widgets) and would miss that and the widgets but I can live without them if I get a solid piece of equipment that will keep working smooth for at least a year. As much as I'm uninterested in the iPhone and iTunes they do seem to have things optimized to work together pretty damn well. I need the ability to read and manipulate documents, receive and send e-mail and use a GPS (and Google Earth) in the field.

Fascinate, revolution and charge are available for $50 until the end of the day.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I would go with the htc incredible 2 over the dx2 for the forward facing camera. The screen on the charge is nice.

elliot2112

Reaction score
Well it seems people either love their X2 or hate it. I for one havent had any major problems with mine and like it a lot. I cant imagine using a smaller screen then this anymore. It has all the features I need and seems to have a high build quality. Its hard to be certain, or have any loyalty to an android device now though with a new one coming out every week. Its hard to keep up. I do know one thing though. Now that my area has 4g I would never buy a 3g phone. You should definitely shell out a bit extra for a 4g phone.

Is the dx2 4g compatible?