Would you like Darkslide to see a toolbox ( like liberty's )in the next update?

chefb

Reaction score
Would you use it? Would you like to see one included? Do you think it would be wise(for developers) to include one? How do think darkslide could benifit with a tool box that allows further customization?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly? I like it as is. If I wanted Liberty or Tranquility I would install them instead. Darkslide has no issues. It doesn't need to be any faster, JMO. And it has the "reboot" option when powering down. DS isn't missing anything to me. Do you know what the largest problem I see people complaining about with Darkslide? The Market changing back to green. And I don't have that problem. Go to any other ROM out there for DX.and look at the hundreds of threads started with different problems. I haven't had to tweak this ROM to make it work for me. No adding apk's, downloads from market or changing build.props. The only tweaks I've made were visual. Blacking out everything i can, Market, FB and Twitter.

So im gonna have to say no on this one :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Last edited:

zeke

Reaction score
No No No No No No No. To many problems with roms with this toolbox feature.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Honestly? I like it as is. If I wanted Liberty or Tranquility I would install them instead. Darkslide has no issues. Writting new codes and scripts cause issues. Why would I want this? It doesn't need to be any faster, JMO. And it has the "reboot" option when powering down. DS isn't missing anything to me. Do you know what the largest problem I see people complaining about with Darkslide? The Market changing back to green. And I don't have that problem. Go to any other ROM out there for DX.and look at the hundreds of threads started with different problems. I haven't had to tweak this ROM to make it work for me. No adding apk's, downloads form market or changing build.props. The only tweaks I've made were visual. Blacking out everything i can, Market, FB and Twitter.

So im gonna have to say no on this one :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Indeed. If you like DarkSlide but want a Toolbox...TranQ has a toolbox and I believe they have a DarkSlide theme...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Reaction score
No No No No No No No. To many problems with roms with this toolbox feature.
Yep...and DarkSlide is pretty much flawless ;) to me anyhow :p

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
One day has passed so far .....still close!

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Liberty toolbox doesn't have any affect on the rom unless you change something within the toolbox itself. If you never touch the toolbox then literally nothing was or is changed to system files. It's just another app sitting in your app drawer :p

zeke

Reaction score
Thats way darkslide should not have a toolbox. Just give me updates. BUILD IT RIGHT AND THEY WILL COME.

Amagine

Reaction score
Thats way darkslide should not have a toolbox. Just give me updates. BUILD IT RIGHT AND THEY WILL COME.

Linux has said this for years... yet they aren't coming... :p

you know what I would like to see? A Thread stickied that specifically states what the differences between each ROM are.
I like the fact we have different guys doing new themes and roms. and now with liberty literally two roms coming together.
However, What I'm hearing out of this thread is slowly reminding me how BBhybrids is. Where you have a set of OS's and soon lines get drawn. I'd imagine at this state of the game for the X, there's not that much difference that matters to many people and the only ones that can tell you the differences are the coders themselves.
Let's let this process be something different and not a pissing contest on which OS is better.

Simple yes or no answers will be fine. And if you have to give a reason.. say the real reason with out bringing down the concept as a whole. Like say.. well i wouldn't use it much. That's words enough.

Now.. on with the poll.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score

Linux has said this for years... yet they aren't coming... :p

you know what I would like to see? A Thread stickied that specifically states what the differences between each ROM are.
I like the fact we have different guys doing new themes and roms. and now with liberty literally two roms coming together.
However, What I'm hearing out of this thread is slowly reminding me how BBhybrids is. Where you have a set of OS's and soon lines get drawn. I'd imagine at this state of the game for the X, there's not that much difference that matters to many people and the only ones that can tell you the differences are the coders themselves.
Let's let this process be something different and not a pissing contest on which OS is better.

Simple yes or no answers will be fine. And if you have to give a reason.. say the real reason with out bringing down the concept as a whole. Like say.. well i wouldn't use it much. That's words enough.

Now.. on with the poll.

Cheers to that!!:icon_ banana:

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Liberty toolbox doesn't have any affect on the rom unless you change something within the toolbox itself. If you never touch the toolbox then literally nothing was or is changed to system files. It's just another app sitting in your app drawer :p

As the first dewveloper to reply welcome!! your input is welcomed
:icon_ poke::icon_ poke:

zeke

Reaction score
It's called input. Example. Yes I like it. No I don't like and this is way. This is a place that where a person can have a opinion. A SIMPLE OPINION.

NattyBee

Reaction score
It's called input. Example. Yes I like it. No I don't like and this is way. This is a place that where a person can have a opinion. A SIMPLE OPINION.

Relax...we're all friends here :) no need to get upset :)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

My bad JRum :)

Well then my answer is still no because Darkslide doesn't need it ;)