would verizon loan me a phone till bionic comes out?

player52

Reaction score
my OG droid is water damaged i have insurance (asurion) i can pay 99 dollars and get a replacement. asurion website doesn't tell me what they are sending me back so im wondering if i call verizon if they would loan me a phone till release date.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can upgrade to another phone, and provided the Bionic comes out before your 30 days is up, you can return it + restocking fee and buy the Bionic.

Will they "loan" you one? I would be EXTREMELY surprised (as in it would never happen).

OP
player52

player52

Reaction score
You can upgrade to another phone, and provided the Bionic comes out before your 30 days is up, you can return it + restocking fee and buy the Bionic.

Will they "loan" you one? I would be EXTREMELY surprised (as in it would never happen).

i thought it was 15 days now it changed back in feb i think

nikecar

Reaction score
LMAO... VZW? Loaning a phone because of your negligence? I think you answered your own question.

You can buy/upgrade one, but they won't give you one just because.

laxman3722

Reaction score
best bet is to hit up craigslist of find a friend with a phone to loan you until then. Just make sure its a smartphone or you will lose your unlimited data

sqchram

Reaction score
best bet is to hit up craigslist of find a friend with a phone to loan you until then. Just make sure its a smartphone or you will lose your unlimited data

I would think you would only lose your unlimited data plan if you actually changed your service plan to anything else/less, not if you simply activated a 'feature' phone and still paid on your data plan.

Purplfreak

Reaction score
I would think you would only lose your unlimited data plan if you actually changed your service plan to anything else/less, not if you simply activated a 'feature' phone and still paid on your data plan.

I was told by a VZW agent that f you have unlimited data now you are grand fathered in and can keep unlimited. True...not true?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And I'm pretty sure if you make any changes to your account as far as primary account holder or name change, you would lose it. I've heard a few stories over time about people trying to remove a spouse that passed away from being the primary on the account, but it would have meant discounts and grandfathered cheap plans that were no longer available would then be taken away.

I lost the warranty on my droid 6 months early when we switched the account from my mom's name to my name so I could get my corporate discount... pretty stupid policy if you ask me.

Renae

Reaction score
Just buy a crappy phone on ebay... Verizon isn't going to do you any favors, they are a large business, not a mom and pop place down the road. I'm pretty sure that you have to keep a smart phone on your line though to keep the unlimited data.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
player52

player52

Reaction score
damn alright thanks for the input guys. i guess il pay the 99 for the asurion replacement. are they still sending out droid 1's?

Renae

Reaction score
damn alright thanks for the input guys. i guess il pay the 99 for the asurion replacement. are they still sending out droid 1's?

A hundred bucks is a lot when the bionic will be out soon. Id see if there us anything cheaper on craigslist or ebay, hell some people here have a "junk drawer" of smart phones, somebody might let you have one for cheap.

OP
player52

player52

Reaction score
A hundred bucks is a lot when the bionic will be out soon. Id see if there us anything cheaper on craigslist or ebay, hell some people here have a "junk drawer" of smart phones, somebody might let you have one for cheap.

checked craigslist but everything is over 100 that is a smartphone.

so i decided to pay the 100 for the replacement and hopefully asurion sends me a phone i can atleast make my money back on.

is there any way to see on the asurion website what replacement they will send?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't take this as gospel, but I have read that most people replacing D1's are not receiving D1's back.