Worst scrern I've ever come across!

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Are the connections on the droid x² screen the same as the ones on the droid x because I would gladly switch them out if it will work the same there colors suck and it makes the pictures sick on the phone and the camera its not the same as on the droid x the shutter doesn't really blink on the x² who's idea was this? Make a nee phone with a beret processor and wise camera and screen?

Got up on the wrong side of the bed today did we. I have the X2 and find the screen far superior to the X. Hope you find a way to satisfy your needs.

The pentile screen on the dx2 is flawed. There have been many reports on this. The pixels are spread too far apart and the colors are off. Not to mention that there some memory allocation issues and software bugs with the x2. My advice is return the phone for something else or go back to your old phone and wait for something better to come out.

Sent from my fascinate

The pentile screen on the dx2 is flawed. There have been many reports on this. The pixels are spread too far apart and the colors are off. Not to mention that there some memory allocation issues and software bugs with the x2. My advice is return the phone for something else or go back to your old phone and wait for something better to come out.

Sent from my fascinate

I actually liked the display, but agree that due to the audio pops, low operational ram and random reboots- best to return it and see if fixed (unless you do not like the display- moot point). Had mine until the 14th day and returned it.

based on the current GB issues, we may not see a DX2 update for a few months... Bionic may have Froyo then....

I actually really like the screen!! I don't know about you guys, but I love to be outside and in Utah, it's always super sunny and hot. Other displays I've had, including my tablet, and original Droid, just are terrible in the sunlight and I can't see a thing. This is NOT the case with the Droid x2. The screen somehow sucks in sunlight and the natural light lights the screen or something.. I don't know but I can see the screen in direct sunlight with no problem at all.

I have noticed memory issues, but hey.. it's much better than my original Droid. I blaim most of it on MotoBlur.. but if your complaining, why did you get a Motorola phone?

Coming from a DX to the DX2, the pixelation sucks. Color reproduction does as well. With that said, I agree with 0vermind. Being able to see it outdoors without straining is a huge plus. Worthy of the pitfalls.

I don't get it, the screen is great. What is this "pixelation" you speak of? Are there type of images that look terrible on the screen?

I take a lot of pictures and even when zoomed all the way in the image is fine. Low light has problems but I believe that is due to the sensor not the screen. I have over 500 family pictures that I've taken over a dozen years with several different devices and most images look great.

(Some how my DX2 doesn't fix a bad picture. Smartphone my a$$, ;-)

I down load a lot of articles that I find interesting off the web and copy them into word docs and I've never been happier with very sharp text easy to read and pictures that are clear.

As others have said in Auto mode in the sun light the screen much more visible than my OD.

Last edited:
Idk why the people think the screen is horrible I played with a x2 at verizon and I thought it looked pretty good

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

The new super amoled plus may be better... But personally.. I'm coming from the super amoled (no plus) and I'm quite happy with the screen on the x2.

Ah ha! I finally see it, it only took my 5X magnifer glass.
Yes there is a small grid pattern. It's not really pixelated but more like
and enterlaced screen? Is this how they used the dual core, writing half of the
screen with one core and then showing the other?

At any rate I can't see with the naked eyes at
normal distance so there for it does not exist.

Ah ha! I finally see it, it only took my 5X magnifer glass.
Yes there is a small grid pattern. It's not really pixelated but more like
and enterlaced screen? Is this how they used the dual core, writing half of the
screen with one core and then showing the other?

At any rate I can't see with the naked eyes at
normal distance so there for it does not exist.

Thanks for the laugh and I couldn't agree more. I just got an X2 and my partner has an X. He wants an X2 now just because the screen is so much crisper.

I decided on this phone based on the fact that I would prefer to use WIFI when it is available (and is available in most places I use the phone) so I don't really need the 4G.

Back