WORDFEUD game!

pyro6128

Reaction score
[

Uzi is also a family of bolt-action 9mm sub-machine gun, so is not a proper name, and is therefore valid.

But I didn't post to get in a pissing match over playable words, my post was a request for a way to challenge or recind a play.

Well no, thats what wikipedia says, but the game goes by the dictionary. The dictionary states that Uzi is the 1959, trademark name for an Israeli-made submachine gun, developed by Usiel Gal, and manufactured by IMI. Thats why it didn't work, whether people commonly use it in a general sense to classify multiple weapons is irrelevant since it is the actual name of a particular gun. Believe me, I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest about words, because frankly I don't care enough haha, its just a game. I was just pointing out that its not a glitch or error in the game at all, its simply not allowed as part of the rules. You couldn't play Uzi in scrabble either, and wordfeud follows those same rules. I meant no disrespect by it at all, was just trying to clear that up.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Love this game as well. A few things I've noticed:

- It seems to run better on my friend's EVO on Sprint than my Droid on Verizon as far as push notifications go. Mine are often delayed or don't happen at all while his are instant.
- There's no +50 bonus for bingo (dropping all your tiles on one play)
- The center square isn't double score like in Scrabble
- While the Random board is fun, it's pretty ridiculous how many points one can get off of one word (definitely more for casual games and not so much for competitive games because of this)
- Using Adblock script on my ROM is awesome - don't see the ad after each turn at all.

Really though, these are just nitpicks about it. Really love it, and the random board makes for some interesting games. Front facing camera that records the other person's reaction to a 200 point word you play would be hilarious.

Invite me, too: Schteef
If you go to the Help feature it has the rules and says "if a player uses all seven tiles he is awarded an additional 40 points."

I have a request: how about a way to challenge a play. I know you compare against an internal dictionary (I was refused UZI), but I played RENDED when it should have been RENT. My friend called me on it, and after research found that he was right. So some way to have a challenge or recall would be nice. Other than that, fantastic game. I can guarantee 2 purchases when you go paid version.

Thanks,
Actually challenging might not be bad.

I played pianed and it went through. I didn't notice it until we were on that side of the board again. I meant pained. I don't know if the other person even noticed...
Unless someone can tell me that pianed is a word... ;)

pyro6128

Reaction score
haha now pianed is just the app messing up, did you at least win?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
haha now pianed is just the app messing up, did you at least win?
i don't think I won that one. I've lost 2 (one by a landslide:blush:) and two I've won.

I'm not that good... but this is a fun game.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Play me....kookahdoo

Freelancer

Reaction score
If you go to the Help feature it has the rules and says "if a player uses all seven tiles he is awarded an additional 40 points."

Ah yeah, you're right -- I could have sworn that it didn't add the extra ones, but maybe I just added wrong. Math never was my strong subject :huh:

Challenging would be a great addition.

wanderlust

Reaction score
Can you still obtain points from bonus squares once they've been used? a friend said that you can but I've not been paying much attention to scoring till now. 7 tiles left and I've just been overtaken by an 83 point word by my opponent. Need to consider my next move very carefully :)

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think so....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ntrddragn

Reaction score
get an international roaming plan, very cheap, I just did it. Paid about $15 for a week of unlimited data in the bahamas. Well worth it

cool but i dont need my droid/phone when im on vacation. :) if there is an emergency at home there isnt much i can do anyway. I leave my world behind when i go on vacation.

I also notice that the ad block doesnt work anymore and im getting a lot of FC now due the ads. =/

edit:nevermind sapphire 1.1 has added the ad server to their new built. all is good now. =]

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Can you still obtain points from bonus squares once they've been used? a friend said that you can but I've not been paying much attention to scoring till now. 7 tiles left and I've just been overtaken by an 83 point word by my opponent. Need to consider my next move very carefully :)
No. Even adding just an "s" (just making it pural--so 'es' to some) to the word do not gives you the bonus squares for the words.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
WordFeud updates

Many of the complaints people had about the early versions of this game have been resolved with updates:

-There's a now a Rematch option in the menu if you click on a concluded game.

-You can have 30 games going at once now

-You have 72 hours to take your turn

-There's a chat feature in the menu as well, for challenges and the like

-The dictionary used is now the Scrabble TWL (some European users are pretty steamed about that, as they prefer SOWPOD)

I'm not finding it buggy except that the push notifications are sometimes very tardy on the Moto Droid

I'm username JessiePup if anyone wants to play!

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I'm enjoying this game,
Except just a few minutes ago. Okay it wasn't an obsence word really, just a childish word. I don't think I've used it since I was a kid. But because I wouldn't play his chat only game, he resigned after one word on the board.
It started out as a bunch of numbers, when he resigned it was sirsexy
Just a warning.

I enjoy playing the game. Since I was almost done with one game I thought I'd start another (that opponent kept playing, we just started the game yesterday and I'm down to my last tile).

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I have one game where the other person hasn't posted the very first word of the game in 47 hours...
hmm.. I think I may actually win a game:icon_ banana:

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have one game where the other person hasn't posted the very first word of the game in 47 hours...
hmm.. I think I may actually win a game:icon_ banana:
O lord....

I have like 15 games going at once.... :D