Word of warning about DockRunner

Guindalf

Reaction score
I installed this and it screwed up my Droid. I had a devil of a job getting it out of dock mode and still the main screen won't change orientation automatically.

I have killed and uninstalled, but I'm not sure everything is back to normal!

soba1

Reaction score
Same here I warn against it. My phone is running ok. I just powered on and off

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i had a similar issue... find a thread i started yesterday... takes some getting used to but it actually works fine.

Stigy

Reaction score
In order to EXIT the application fully you need to click its icon to run it again.

Your phone will act strange if it is not FULLY exited.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The way I exit it completely is to first make sure you are currently in the dock app (big clock, icons, weather,etc) and then hold home down for a few seconds and the "last used apps" will pop up (including DockRunner since you just launched it a bit ago). Press DockRunner and it will quit. I found that exiting out of the dock app and then hitting DockRunner doesn't always make the dock quit.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Yep! Gotta click it again to get out of it.. You shouldn't have to power off.

I was scared to death when I read the subject. I thought I picked up a worm off of the market or something! lol

adam8ch

Reaction score
Set Dockrunner to run as a Quick Launch application.

Settings > Applications > Quicklaunch

I have it set to run whenever i press Search + D on the physical keypad. That way you don't have to press the Home button in the top left, and then navigate to the app.

keving

Reaction score
Does the app still keep the home page from orienting properly? Is their a fix for this, or is this the proper function?

nka

Reaction score
Set Dockrunner to run as a Quick Launch application.

Settings > Applications > Quicklaunch

I have it set to run whenever i press Search + D on the physical keypad. That way you don't have to press the Home button in the top left, and then navigate...
I didn't know that you could set the quicklaunch like that. Thanks.

Last edited:

adam8ch

Reaction score
Does the app still keep the home page from orienting properly? Is their a fix for this, or is this the proper function?

That is the proper behavior. If it was in the dock it would never be vertical.

Regarding setting the keyboard shortcut. I'll be a bit more explicit.

1. Go to Settings.
2. Go to Applications.
3. Go to Quick Launch
4. There will be a list of various shortcuts that you can assign. Some of them are already set. For example "search + b" will start up your Browser. Click on the combination of keys that you want to launch Dockrunner (search + d for me) and a list of available applications will pop up. Click on Dockrunner. Voila!

Happy shortcutting! It's great for other apps too, like notepad, marketplace, etc.

robboxedit

Reaction score
I'm digging this. Guess I just have to remember to exit it correctly and there seems to be no issues (at least with mine). And the shortcut tip was a great find, thanks.

pouls29

Reaction score
Yep! Gotta click it again to get out of it.. You shouldn't have to power off.

I was scared to death when I read the subject. I thought I picked up a worm off of the market or something! lol
I agree. Change the title of the thread.

rocketman45

Reaction score
Exiting Dockrunner

I just learned this. I also thought I had a problem with the orientation being stuck in landscape. Two simple ways to exit and return the phone to normal:

1. When Dockrunner is active you will see the Dockrunner icon in the notification bar at the top of the screen. Simply pull down the notification menu and tap on "Dockrunner active". This will turn off dockrunner and return everything to normal including orientation. This is the simplest exit.

2. Again, when Dockrunner is active, on the display in the upper left is a home icon. Tap on this and you will return to the home screen albeit in landscape mode. Go to the Dockrunner icon and tap it. This will turn Dockrunner off and again return everything to normal. In this case the Dockrunner icon acts as a toggle. First time you hit it it activates Dockrunner. The next time, it turns it off.

Now that I know how this thing works I am very happy with Dockrunner and plan to cancel my order for the docking station.