Won't turn on...need to remove & reinsert battery to turn on.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
My Droid2 has been great...except for one issue...every few days or so it seems to turn itself off. The battery always has a lot of life when this happens, and the battery seems to be in great shape...I'll get a couple days of normal use on one charge.

Sometimes the screen just turns off and takes a bit before it will respond and turn back on after hitting the power button a few times and it takes me right to the home screen....but sometimes the power button will turn it back on and it is booting back up like it was completely shut down...?

And then about four or five times over the past four months it wouldn't turn back on at all, so I had to remove the battery and put it back in, then power it back on and it starts up like nothing was wrong.

I assume this is an issue with one of my apps...? So my questions are...

- Has anyone else had this issue?
- What was your solution?
- Did you find a faulty app?

Thanks guys.

mrm0rbid99

Reaction score
Have you flashed any roms to your device? Sometimes if you don't wipe cache you can cause random reboots. However if that's not the case, then perhaps you should seek support from your carrier.

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Have you flashed any roms to your device? Sometimes if you don't wipe cache you can cause random reboots. However if that's not the case, then perhaps you should seek support from your carrier.

Nope...haven't flashed any ROM's to my device. I just cleared the cache on a bunch of apps, but there didn't seem to be a lot of cache to clear. Maybe 20mb or so after going through all of the apps?

mrm0rbid99

Reaction score
Oops, i think you might have done something different. I meant you might need to clear your cache partitition via recovery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Simply put, Droid doesn't do restarts on it's own unless there is an issue. Usually the issue is an app. If you are running any task killers or virus protection, get rid of it.

If that doesn't fix it, then you'll probably need to do a factory data reset. That will basically bring you back to where you were when you started, but you will still need to find out what app is giving you an issue.

golfproeric

Reaction score
I keep having that same exact problem too. I have the avg antivirus and the battery life extender app that also kills apps. I just removed them and I'll see what happens.

the3dolla

Reaction score
I've had this same issue as well. Sometimes it happens a few times in a day, sometimes once every week or few weeks..

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Oops, i think you might have done something different. I meant you might need to clear your cache partitition via recovery.

Is there a way to do that without doing a factory reformat/reset?

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Simply put, Droid doesn't do restarts on it's own unless there is an issue.
Well...I figured that much.

Usually the issue is an app. If you are running any task killers or virus protection, get rid of it.
Nope...not running a task killer or virus protection.

If that doesn't fix it, then you'll probably need to do a factory data reset. That will basically bring you back to where you were when you started, but you will still need to find out what app is giving you an issue.
Ugh...I was trying to avoid this.
I won't be doing a factory reset for a while...gonna see how it goes and if anything else can fix it...or if I can find the faulty app and remove it.