Won't boot into recovery after failed SBF to 588

badenglishihave

Reaction score
I attempted to flash my Droid X to 588 last night using the steps in the flash guide. I was running Liberty 2.0.1 on top of 340.

I downloaded the three zips along with a stock 340 SBF and placed them all in the root of my SD. I then booted into recovery using Droid 2 Clockwork Recovery, did a full wipe and attempted to install the first zip for 588. It gave me a checksum error on one of the Android configuration apks, but I proceeded to install the 2nd zip anyways to see if it would install the rest of the way anyways. It did not so I did another wipe in recovery and tried to flash the stock 340 SBF. I waited quite a bit on the install screen but it appeared to have frozen and the progress bar showed no progress. I did a battery pull and rebooted, but it got stuck on the M logo. I did another battery pull and held down the Home button while powering on to boot into recovery but after 3 seconds on the M logo the phone vibrated once and shut off. What is going on? Is my phone beyond help? Thanks...

DThomp

Reaction score
You are going to have to sbf back to 340. Jolly over at mydroidworld said that is the way to get back as many people were having trouble with a flash type 340. Also you HAVE to be on 340 to.go to gingerbread. The first zip checks your operating system and if not correct will abort the install.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Do a battery pull, hold the camera button, volume down button, and power button at the same time, then let them go. Do you go into bootloader mode? If you do, then you can sbf back to Froyo. If not, then you may need help from the more knowledgeable members here. Good luck.

Swyped from my Droid X while doing a #2

Last edited:

Jinxt

Reaction score
Bootloader and stock recovery hard keys have been changed with GB.

To get it into bootloader mode you now have to hold volume up + volume down while powering the phone on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Really? I sbf'd from GB twice, once on the leak and once on the pre-root, using the usual method with the camera button just fine. I guess just use which ever way works for you.

Swyped from my Droid X while doing a #2