WONDERING IS THE D2G 4G Possible ?????

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I was wondering as this phone has 1.2ghz processor it can work on CDMA/GSM/EVDO/WCDMA I know the first 2 networks wondering about the other 2 this may have been brought up before but I just returned back to DF after a small leave due to my work load @ work & all the holiday cheer

mrapollinax

Reaction score
Quick answer: No. The radios/modulation used in the various 3G technologies vs the 4G technologies are completely different. This of course is true of actual 4G technology. Not, really fast 3G that really isn't 4G technology :)

Bilgediver

Reaction score
My understanding the gsm hspa in our phones might be able to be as fast as 3.5g, but no, not 4g.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
it dont matter to me this phone Downloads @ 2 megabits with 3g & uploads at between .85 -1.2 mega bits a second done by speed test.net app thats fast enough for me especially since I heard the 4G prices are crazy priced with very low data allowed

somerandomguy

Reaction score
Its funny they can even call there 4g 4g. The speed required to be true 4g by definition is 100mb download speed

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
i think its more the idea that 4G has the POTENTIAL to go 100MBPs not exactly saying itll be that fast. its definitely faster than 3G

Reaction score
i think its more the idea that 4G has the POTENTIAL to go 100MBPs not exactly saying itll be that fast. its definitely faster than 3G

wiki said:
Current LTE and WiMAX implementations are considered pre-4G, as they don't fully comply with the planned requirements of 1 Gbit/s for stationary reception and 100 Mbit/s for mobile.

What they call 4G does not meet established standards for 4G data transmission rates (among other standards). Unfortunately, the general public is so poorly informed that they have no idea, and yet again, the corporations are using buzzwords to control the unwashed masses.

cpjr

Reaction score
They get beyond the legalities with the fine print, mainly how location and reception make a difference in speed, etc, etc. Also the hardware (phone) and software (browser) make a difference. Its all BS.