Lost my 3g/4g data connectivity...

dsprik

Reaction score
I cannot get my rzr to connect to data. I had Juice Defender on and when the battery dropped to <30% it shut off the data. I recharged to 68% and still had no data connectivity. I opened JD and it still showed it had my data turned off. I disabled JD still to no avail. I uninstalled it. Still no data. I checked Smart Actions and there was nothing blocking data there. I went into LTE On/Off and discovered that something had reset my phone to LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA. I reset it to LTE/CDMA/EvDo and restarted my phone. No data icon (Phone calls do work). I rechecked LTE On/Off. It reset BACK to LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA. I tried this several times without success. I have now backed up everything with MyBackup Pro. and I am preparing for a full factory reset.

Anything else I should check before I hit that final button?

WiFi does work...

Also did several "battery pulls"...

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Use wifi and download "restore connection" from the play store.. run it.. see if that solves your issue..

This is why some of us suggest you not run apps like jd. The only reason really :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Also it changing your network type back after you restart is normal. It will always change it back to Global mode, and you will have to go in and change it.

If you are changing it to that setting you are using you don't have to use that App. You can just go into the phone settings and change it from Global to LTE/CDMA.

That app is more for when you want to change it to CDMA auto (prl) thus putting it 3g only mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

OP
D

dsprik

Reaction score
Found it! I was searching in settings when I went into "Data usage". I was just hitting the button to back out of that page when I happened to just catch something... Up on the very top of that page is a "Data On/Off" button. I had never seen that there before (not very observant, I know). I was on that page scrolling down earlier today. Must have accidentally hit it... Not sure I would have put that switch there if I was a developer... But then again I am only a lowly retired science teacher...:biggrin:

I do want to check if that fixed my switching LTE/CDMA problem...

OP
D

dsprik

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! Both those suggestions were something I did not think to check also and both logical choices to try for that problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Would JD have switched that data switch off?

I believe jd does have a function to turn off data at a certain percentage. I don't use it so idk for sure

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thanks, guys! Both those suggestions were something I did not think to check also and both logical choices to try for that problem.

Glad you got it working again!

ultraaman

Reaction score
Seeing your post made me look and I had the same issue. This fixed it.

I have a Droid 2 and started experiencing the same problem 2 days ago - no 3G. I did notice that I received a system update the other day but didn't think anything of it. Under Data Delivery I saw that the Date Enabled was not checked. Once checked, everything was OK.

Found it! I was searching in settings when I went into "Data usage". I was just hitting the button to back out of that page when I happened to just catch something... Up on the very top of that page is a "Data On/Off" button. I had never seen that there before (not very observant, I know). I was on that page scrolling down earlier today. Must have accidentally hit it... Not sure I would have put that switch there if I was a developer... But then again I am only a lowly retired science teacher...:biggrin:

I do want to check if that fixed my switching LTE/CDMA problem...

m3incorp

Reaction score
Interesting my phone was showing no data yesterday also. I went into data settings and sure enough it was in the off position. I know for a fact that I never set it to off.....things that make you go hmmmm.