With what will VZW replace my D2?

gsdreams

Reaction score
I just got the same thing. Was having problems with the camera focus aperature not working correctly. Only problem with the whole phone and my CLNR was 6 months old.

They shipped me a D2 Global that I just got today. I have to say that the 200mhz on the processor makes a pretty noticable difference.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
The part that sucks is while I got a D2 for free (never signed ANYTHING while in the store) when they replaced my OG, they renewed my contract for 2 years. At that point I had the OG for something like 10 months, which would put my original contract expiring THIS December. Now my contract won't expire until 09/2012, which really pisses me off because they never told me that was part of the deal, and there isn't much I can do about it now.

LOL don't just bend over like that. If you didn't agree to the contract extension then complain. They can't hold you under contract if they don't have some type of proof you consented to it. You can actually sue them if they entered you into a contract without your consent.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The part that sucks is while I got a D2 for free (never signed ANYTHING while in the store) when they replaced my OG, they renewed my contract for 2 years. At that point I had the OG for something like 10 months, which would put my original contract expiring THIS December. Now my contract won't expire until 09/2012, which really pisses me off because they never told me that was part of the deal, and there isn't much I can do about it now.

LOL don't just bend over like that. If you didn't agree to the contract extension then complain. They can't hold you under contract if they don't have some type of proof you consented to it. You can actually sue them if they entered you into a contract without your consent.

Well, it's always nice to have an attorney around. :)

IIRC on those occasions when I have "negotiated" an upgrade I was told that upon activating the phone I would agree to a contract extension. I can't say I absolutely remember getting paperwork but I'm pretty certain that something showed up or it came with the phone.

kingsway8605

Reaction score

IIRC on those occasions when I have "negotiated" an upgrade I was told that upon activating the phone I would agree to a contract extension. I can't say I absolutely remember getting paperwork but I'm pretty certain that something showed up or it came with the phone.

If they told you upfront and you agreed to it then that is one thing. But if they just up your contract then the contract is invalid. Keep in mind, if one person disputes a contract, the burden of proof is on the other person. If they can't prove a contract exists then it doesn't. You can dispute anything on your credit report and if the company doesn't prove the debt is valid then it goes away.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

If they told you upfront and you agreed to it then that is one thing. But if they just up your contract then the contract is invalid. Keep in mind, if one person disputes a contract, the burden of proof is on the other person. If they can't prove a contract exists then it doesn't. You can dispute anything on your credit report and if the company doesn't prove the debt is valid then it goes away.

Care to help me with my credit? Seriously.....I need help.

Reaction score
Getting a new phone from verizon isnt always the same. My dad bought a brand new droid x a few weeks ago and within a few days it had a dead pixel so the phone was defective. We returned the phone for a thunderbolt. Their policy is that if your phones defective, you can can a new phone of the same model for free OR pay a $35 restocking fee and get a newer phone for the difference between the two phones. For example, we trade the defective droid x in for the thunderbolt and paid $130 for it. $35 for restocking and the rest was difference between the phones. In my opinion, it was a really good deal.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3 using Tapatalk

droid doctor

Reaction score
What happens if your phone gets stolen or lost and its rooted can I still get another phone? What if its not really lost but its broken and I can't un rooted?