With what will VZW replace my D2?

gsdreams

Reaction score
If the phone was released yesterday it would fall under the 14 day return/exchange policy and it would exchanged for a new phone since you couldn't have had it more than a day. ;)

Also, Asurion will only replace the phone if it is Lost, Stolen, Physically damaged, or water damaged. If it is a "warranty issue" they won't replace it. :(

Graymayre

Reaction score
If the phone was released yesterday it would fall under the 14 day return/exchange policy and it would exchanged for a new phone since you couldn't have had it more than a day. ;)

Also, Asurion will only replace the phone if it is Lost, Stolen, Physically damaged, or water damaged. If it is a "warranty issue" they won't replace it. :(

I got my brand new D2G from Asurion as a warranty replacement for my Asurion insurance replaced Droid 1. The replacement went out within a month and it had a year warranty from the time Asurion sent it to me, so they sent me a brand new D2G because they had no new D1s because they are no longer manufactured.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

gsdreams

Reaction score

I got my brand new D2G from Asurion as a warranty replacement for my Asurion insurance replaced Droid 1. The replacement went out within a month and it had a year warranty from the time Asurion sent it to me, so they sent me a brand new D2G because they had no new D1s because they are no longer manufactured.

This is only sometimes true. Although the original droid is no longer manufactured, Motorola is still putting out refurbished devices.

Asurion phones include a 1 year warranty, but you "HAVE" to go through asurion for the warranty.

Asurion will replace the phone with what they have available. If they don't have any of your phone they replace it with a like model. :) But that is Asurion, which is different from VZW.

rladkins25

Reaction score
verizon will give u a brand new phone if u have had a few replacements if u talk to rite person and explain to them i had 5 lg env touches in one year then they offered me a brand new one but this was like a almost 2 years ago just be nice to them and they will try to help u if that dont work get a little lil tell them ur going to go to at&t

droid xxx

gsdreams

Reaction score
verizon will give u a brand new phone if u have had a few replacements if u talk to rite person and explain to them i had 5 lg env touches in one year then they offered me a brand new one but this was like a almost 2 years ago just be nice to them and they will try to help u if that dont work get a little lil tell them ur going to go to at&t

droid xxx

That policy no longer exists. It was called the "FRU TO NEW" when you had x amount of replacements in a certain amount of time.

Due to customers taking advantage of it by making sure they met the requirements to get a different new phone verizon eliminated it.

The only way to get a new phone is to sign a new contract. Reps are no longer allowed to ship a new phone without a contract, and even then if the person is not up for renewal it requires manager approval.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The part that sucks is while I got a D2 for free (never signed ANYTHING while in the store) when they replaced my OG, they renewed my contract for 2 years. At that point I had the OG for something like 10 months, which would put my original contract expiring THIS December. Now my contract won't expire until 09/2012, which really pisses me off because they never told me that was part of the deal, and there isn't much I can do about it now.

No there isn't, you still are entitled to a CLNR Droid 2 though so what's the problem? Certainly you aren't entitled to anything else.

wildbill86

Reaction score
Asurion only warranties their phones for 90 days unless thry recently changed their policy. Which is stupid, if you get a certified like new, it should be like new and get a 1 year warranty

gsdreams

Reaction score
Asurion provides a 1 Year Warranty on all insurance claimed phones.

CLNR (Certified Like New Replacements) through Verizon either carry a 90 Day Warranty, the remainder of the manufactures warranty (whichever is greater) or it retains a warranty as long as Extended Warranty or TEC remain on the line.

wildbill86

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but last time I made an insuranse claim on a phine through assurion, it was 20 days before my 1 yr vzw warranty ran out. Water damage. Asurion sent me a clnr and would only give me a 90 day warranty.

gsdreams

Reaction score
How long ago was this? I do tech support for VZW and know Asurion and VZW's policy.

wildbill86

Reaction score
About 2 years. It was a chocolate2. I was mad because when I got it two buttons didn't work properly, I called asurion, and they told me if I sent it back they would tell me it was my fault and charge me. Unless the phone died in the first 90 days they told me there was nothing they could do for me under their warranty. Bastards, I was pissed

Graymayre

Reaction score

droid xxx

That policy no longer exists. It was called the "FRU TO NEW" when you had x amount of replacements in a certain amount of time.

Due to customers taking advantage of it by making sure they met the requirements to get a different new phone verizon eliminated it.

The only way to get a new phone is to sign a new contract. Reps are no longer allowed to ship a new phone without a contract, and even then if the person is not up for renewal it requires manager approval.

I didn't know that, thank you for the update. I know that I was lucky with Asurion that the replacement phone went out at just the right time that I was able to get what I got, essentially a free upgrade.
What happens if there is a model out there that is just generally defective like my old KRZR and it just has to constantly get replaced? They still will offer a different model eventually, even if it is still a CLNR, right?

gsdreams

Reaction score

droid xxx

I didn't know that, thank you for the update. I know that I was lucky with Asurion that the replacement phone went out at just the right time that I was able to get what I got, essentially a free upgrade.
What happens if there is a model out there that is just generally defective like my old KRZR and it just has to constantly get replaced? They still will offer a different model eventually, even if it is still a CLNR, right?

Asurion has different policies than verizon. If you get a phone through asurion it comes with a 1 year warranty "FROM ASURION" not Verizon.

If you didn't pay a deductible to get a phone, then VZW replaced your phone not Asurion. It is two seperate things.

If a phone is under warranty either due to manufacturer 1 year, TEC, or EW, and the phone is still available in a CLNR you will get that exact model CLNR. If the phone is not available in a CLNR then Verizon will give you a "Like Model" CLNR instead.

deborah3756

Reaction score
They sent me a like knew droid2 global