With all the excitement about the Prime and Razr, wheres the Vigor?

loki993

Reaction score
All the buzz has been about he Razr and the Prime the past week or so. However it seems that everyones forgotten about HTCs entry into the fray the Vigor, or the Rezound as Verizon in all their wisdom decided to call it.

What do we know about this phone? I haven't seen specs, last I hear it was gonna be a 1.5 dual core and that about all I can remember. We've seen a few pics, weve seen it on some Verizon stuff and it has a name. Has there been an official unveiling even?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Don't know.

Went to Verizon today to check out the 4 and 4s for my parents, and asked them about the Razr and Nexus. They had no idea what I was talking about.

Must really stink to work for a company that keeps you that out of the loop;)

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
Don't know.

Went to Verizon today to check out the 4 and 4s for my parents, and asked them about the Razr and Nexus. They had no idea what I was talking about.

Must really stink to work for a company that keeps you that out of the loop;)

Its always been like that. The don't know anything at the stores. We generally get more info here then they do working there. I never trust anything anyone says at the store level. Its not their fault.

SANhacker

Reaction score
This is exactly why I'm waiting till December to decide. Been eligible for an upgrade since Sept. but haven't been wowed with what has been announced. RAZR doesn't have removable battery. Nexus doesn't have removable SD card. May just end up with a Bionic if they sort out the connection issues. Then again, the Vigor/Rezound may be in my future. No hurry as pricing is through the roof on these new devices and an after Christmas sale may be in the cards. Not that $300 is a big deal. It just seems ridiculous considering a two year contract commitment.

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
This is exactly why I'm waiting till December to decide. Been eligible for an upgrade since Sept. but haven't been wowed with what has been announced. RAZR doesn't have removable battery. Nexus doesn't have removable SD card. May just end up with a Bionic if they sort out the connection issues. Then again, the Vigor/Rezound may be in my future. No hurry as pricing is through the roof on these new devices and an after Christmas sale may be in the cards. Not that $300 is a big deal. It just seems ridiculous considering a two year contract commitment.

Why does it always seem like the release phone with at least one glaring disadvantage?

SANhacker

Reaction score
Why does it always seem like the release phone with at least one glaring disadvantage?

Exactly. I've been spoiled with the ability to swap SD cards and batteries at will. Taking 1080p video will suck the life out of both. Why they would take either of these away is beyond me.

This has me leaning towards the Bionic and possibly the Rezound. Oh well, time will tell.

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
Could end up being the phone to have depending on the specs. Sure it "only" has a 720p screen but it is a phone after all lol. Again that is if the phone has the specs rumored.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
To the VZ reps, they really are out of the loop. As of three days before the Droid 2 was in stores they had no idea it was coming. As said above, forums are far more up-to-date than they.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Clockwork has the ability to read the internal storage so the nexus will be fine without removable sd, comes in 16 and 32 gig also i believe

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
What you may consider one glaring disadvantage, someone else won't. It is all about preference.

True. Thinking about it non removable storage isn't really a huge deal. 32 Gigs should be plenty. Still interested in what the Vigor ends up being though. Considering its supposedly launching along with these other phones we should be hearing something about it here soon right?