Wireless tether issues

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
So I have recently rooted my x2 and have installed both barnacle wifi and google code's wireless tether. And neither of them work with most of my devices. I have root checker and it says I'm rooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Are you getting a error message... also have you tried reinstalling barnacle and not changing anything, mine was temperamental when I changed ssid and wep.

Last edited:
OP
GT_Cleric

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
Are you getting a error message... also have you tried reinstalling barnacle and not changing anything, mine was temperamental when I changed ssid and wep.

So I uninstalled barnacle and reinstalled. Also I just uninstalled the other wifi apps. When I reinstalled barnacle I got no errors. But still I can't find it with my xperia play.

OP
GT_Cleric

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
So I grabbed my old droid 2. And when I connect with that it says I'm in ad hoc mode. But that is only on my d2.

86mcss

Reaction score
Download open garden and and do NOT check enable wifi encryption. Only way I could get it to work.

squeak

Reaction score
i got "wifi tether" to work with a pc but cant make it work with my xoom. dont know if its an issue with some android devices or what.

OP
GT_Cleric

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
Download open garden and and do NOT check enable wifi encryption. Only way I could get it to work.

I tried that but it didn't work. I tried all the tether apps I could find and nothing has worked.

OP
GT_Cleric

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
i got "wifi tether" to work with a pc but cant make it work with my xoom. dont know if its an issue with some android devices or what.

I can get it to work with a pc but on my d2 I was able to tether to anything.

OP
GT_Cleric

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
So far from what I can tell I must be broadcasting in some kind of motorola only ad-hoc mode, but I'm not sure y.

OP
GT_Cleric

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
Is it possible that I don't have total root accesse? When I check advanced with root checker there are parts that say su denied or non existent. But it still says congratulations u have root access.