Wireless Tether doesnt show up

BrewCrew

Reaction score
New razr HD rooted. I am using snapshot, super user, and set cpu, as well as root checker so i know the thing is rooted correctly. Have the updated version of wireless tether and it will start up fine WITHOUT encryption, but nothing shows up in any device i scan for wireless.

It also gives an error if i try to start tethering WITH encryption it gets an error and still doesnt show up. Anyone else have this problem?

1st thumbnail has it showing the error for the wpa encryption...dont know why its all red.

Iggy08

Reaction score
I just went back to ICS to root to be able to use the WiFi tether and no luck. I used voodoo to keep my root but I can't get it to work using RAZR, Auto or Rezound setting

Iggy08

Reaction score
Been a while and no one's replied, I'm wondering if anyone can confirm Wifi Tether works on ICS. I'm willing to downgrade if anyone knows what settings will work with it

nateohio

Reaction score
Ensure that you've restored root...and then use the generic JB profile in wifi tether.

That should get you working...also remember that you can always email the developer for issues like this...you're likely to get a faster reply and it keeps them informed of the issues going on with their app

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD

KaChow

Reaction score
Been a while and no one's replied, I'm wondering if anyone can confirm Wifi Tether works on ICS. I'm willing to downgrade if anyone knows what settings will work with it

Wow! Your right this has been up here for some time. Before downgrading would check your apps, look for the one called "Entitlement" if it is frozen or disabled, re-enable it, post results.

Iggy08

Reaction score
Haven't had time to test it yet, but I checked and entitlement was not frozen. I'm pretty sure I have the Verizon tethering app disabled (basically just the app icon since I can still access it thru settings menu) would that effect it?

KaChow

Reaction score
Haven't had time to test it yet, but I checked and entitlement was not frozen. I'm pretty sure I have the Verizon tethering app disabled (basically just the app icon since I can still access it thru settings menu) would that effect it?

I want to help you with this as best as possible, I can't determine whether your device is a Droid X or what Razr model it is. In the Development section, I added an Entitlement Hack which this should resolve most everyone's tethering problems in the Razr HD/MAXX HD. If you do have a different phone other than the XT926, then be very careful with settings and changes. Here's the link, from other forums I've heard different phones using similar processes, if it wasn't the 68 Entitlement_check, as in some cases different number 12 or 96 (example), here is the link for your reference.

Iggy08

Reaction score
I want to help you with this as best as possible, I can't determine whether your device is a Droid X or what Razr model it is. In the Development section, I added an Entitlement Hack which this should resolve most everyone's tethering problems in the Razr HD/MAXX HD. If you do have a different phone other than the XT926, then be very careful with settings and changes. Here's the link, from other forums I've heard different phones using similar processes, if it wasn't the 68 Entitlement_check, as in some cases different number 12 or 96 (example), here is the link for your reference.

I do have a Razr HD (kind of hijacked this thread since we had very similar issues) thank you, I'll check this out tonight!

Iggy08

Reaction score
It worked! Set it to "Generic ICS/JB wlan0" and it worked for me! Thanks for your help, I must have changed something else along the way because it didn't work for me the first time.

KaChow

Reaction score
It worked! Set it to "Generic ICS/JB wlan0" and it worked for me! Thanks for your help, I must have changed something else along the way because it didn't work for me the first time.

Glad to hear that it is working. :rockon:

KaChow

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
B

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Last edited:

KaChow

Reaction score
View attachment 60447View attachment 60448View attachment 60449View attachment 60450View attachment 60451

im trying to show 2 screen shots of the mobile hotspot but of course it tells me the urls arent valid. maybe itll work randomly later

NOTE: I GET my computer to connect to it while its wireless BUT an ip doesnt show up and i dont have internet access. BUT if i connect via usb tether it works great.

I see on your 1st screen shot you are using "Wireless Tether" (uninstall this app as it does not work with the Entitlement_Hack) instead unfreeze or use the stock Verizon Wireless HotSpot app as it works with this Haack.

lloydsw

Reaction score
NOTE: I GET my computer to connect to it while its wireless BUT an ip doesnt show up and i dont have internet access. BUT if i connect via usb tether it works great.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY the same problem I have! Very aggravating. I've been trying to figure this out for a week.