Reaction score
Running bb v.05 with the preinstalled wireless tether app
turn it on
says it is tethering
laptop connects, but internet doesnt actually work

WHY, HELP??

naman919

Reaction score
Also, try installing the latest version from my signature. I'm sure it's more recent than the one you're trying to use now.

I have v2.0.2 installed and it doesn't work. My setup is CM6.1 with P3Droid's LV250-1000 kernel. I know i can usb tether, but it'd be nice to be able to wifi tether when i forget my cable.

same issue as the OP.

naman919

Reaction score
And the version in my signature is 2.0.5PRE15 unless it's been updated since I last checked a couple days ago.

Your signature goes to the main wifi tether page. Fwiw i installed v2.0.5RC1 and it works just fine. YMMV.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited by a moderator:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No need for profanity

And the version in my signature is 2.0.5PRE15 unless it's been updated since I last checked a couple days ago.

Your signature goes to the main wifi tether page. Fwiw i installed v2.0.5RC1 and it works just fine. YMMV.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You obviously haven't talked to FBM much. He's not really the smart/sarcastic type. Profanity can get you banned though...all because you read into something too deep. Not worth it!

No need for profanity

[DroidForums junkie!!

no need for a moderator to act like that toward users. enough said.

DroidForums junkie!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Fwiw FBM is not a moderator and second we do not allow name calling on DF especially when someones just trying to offer assistance.
Thank you carry on.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see no reason for any name calling to be going on in this thread. JStafford has cleaned it up, I'm just letting you know that if we see anymore of it, it's a 30 day vacation. Flamming, disrespect, name calling will not be toleratedin the Droid Forums.

Levenly

Reaction score
ever since FRG83D was installed, i cannot use wireless tethering either. rather, i can see my 'hotspot' on my computer, but it never finishes connecting to the phone. i used the most recent version posted online.

what changed since 2.2.1 to cause this plague?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm guessing that means 2.0.5RC1?

Okay, what OS are you trying to tether? Have you deleted all the APs stored on your Droid? Have you changed channels, turned off access control, deleted the tethering profile on your computer? Do you need to hook more than one device up at a time? If not, have you tried tethering via USB?

Levenly

Reaction score
USB tethering does work, however, sometimes i have to connect multiple devices.

interestingly, after trying wired tethering my wireless tethering application is working again.

also, my phone is just rooted and running stock 2.2.1. no custom kernel on it right now either.