wireless teather

alucard9114

Reaction score
Thanks Zedomaks even if your video sucks i got the point and am now tethering for free my Bionic rules all my machines with wifi tetherdancedroid

yearn

Reaction score
very nice find man! Worked like a charm! I didnt even have to change the start address.

OP
bigkhan

bigkhan

Reaction score
when I connect through a windows PC or my Xoom I am getting awful connection speeds. What are your results looking like? when I run the speed test on my phone I'm getting 20+mb but when I tether i'm only getting 300-500k WTF. If any of you are getting Ok speeds what should I do?

brianlayman

Reaction score
You should get near the 20. I only get 9/0.7 from my phone but that's what I got from my laptop too. I'm pretty far out from the city, so that accounts for me not getting 20 something.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
You know, I used wireless tether all the time on my original droid.

But according to devs on the XDA forum, Verizon has changed the way they identify tethered data. It is now much harder to mask tethering. And they will be paying attention.

What worries me is the potential to lose my grandfathered unlimited data if they cancel my contract, which they can certainly do if they catch me using wireless tether.

To me, it's just not worth the risk.

idefiler6

Reaction score
You know, I used wireless tether all the time on my original droid.

But according to devs on the XDA forum, Verizon has changed the way they identify tethered data. It is now much harder to mask tethering. And they will be paying attention.

What worries me is the potential to lose my grandfathered unlimited data if they cancel my contract, which they can certainly do if they catch me using wireless tether.

To me, it's just not worth the risk.

Not risking it until we have custom ROMs on this phone. Simply not worth it.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up ...

Wonder how you undo the 2nd part..