Wireless Streaming to HDMI- TV

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any devices that allow you to broadcast the cell phone screen to a HDTV without wires. I am thinking something along the lines of a Bluetooth/HDMI dongle that i could plug into the back of my HDTV, out of sight, and then broadcast from my cell phone while i am sitting on my couch.
Why?
The ability to pause and play Netflix movies without constantly getting up.
Use my cell phone as a controller for App Games on a bigger screen, and wont hurt my neck leaning over for long periods of time.
Stream music videos on youtube without having to stand within 6 feet of the tv, or getting up every three-five minutes.

socalsx

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any devices that allow you to broadcast the cell phone screen to a HDTV without wires. I am thinking something along the lines of a Bluetooth/HDMI dongle that i could plug into the back of my HDTV, out of sight, and then broadcast from my cell phone while i am sitting on my couch.
Why?
The ability to pause and play Netflix movies without constantly getting up.
Use my cell phone as a controller for App Games on a bigger screen, and wont hurt my neck leaning over for long periods of time.
Stream music videos on youtube without having to stand within 6 feet of the tv, or getting up every three-five minutes.

Amazon.com: Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

its called the allshare cast dongle. It mirrors your screen to your hdtv. plug it in to your hdmi port and its ready to go. movies, games, browser. It uses a technology called widi (wireless dispay). there are other receivers, ie: made by netgear that use widi. Not sure if they're compatible now, but will be in the future if you want to hold out for a cheaper alternative.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I understand that that device doesn't even work with the Verizon version of the S3. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
The reviews on that device are less than flattering. Basically it cant keep up with fast games, audio is off and poor, and really only good for showing pictures. Have you used that device for gaming?