Real HDMI Will Not Display on TV

sjack86

Reaction score
I just got the Real HDMI app to try and play movies on my TV. When I plug the cable in and turn on the HDMI App it freezes the phone screen as it is supposed to but then it never displays the screen on my TV. It will flash it on the screen every once in a while but will never stay on solid. Is my HDMI port defective?

UltimateHobby

Reaction score
Are you using a custom ROM? I've read a few threads on here where users have not been able to use the HDMI feature(including Real HDMI) on custom ROMS. Im using Dark Slide and it does function properly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
S

sjack86

Reaction score
I don't have any special Roms on the phone. No hacks or anything.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Do you have the latest software? I'm assuming you have the X. I know it was a problem with 2.2, but later got fixed in 2.2.1

OP
S

sjack86

Reaction score
I have all of the latest software.

UltimateHobby

Reaction score
How about when you do not enable RealHDMI - Can you still view captured pictures and videos with the stock feature without any problems?

OP
S

sjack86

Reaction score
No that does not work either. I have another thread about that. If I try and play a movie when I press the HDMI button all of play/pause/ff/re buttons come up but thu are outlined red and I can't press them. The pictures or movie never display on the tv.

UltimateHobby

Reaction score
Well, most of the problems I see on the boards were due to a bad cable. I would start with the hardware if you haven't already.

I realize most of us don't have spare HDMI cables laying around, but I just bought one off of Amazon for 2.00 - great deal!

greggd09

Reaction score
I got my cord of Amazon too for like two bucks. Anyways. When plug it into the port make sure your TV is on the right HDMI. Then enable. From there your phones front screen will be frozen. Toy have to navigate by guessing where to press on your phone by corresponding with the TV screen. It's very tricky. If your screen is locked then TV will be black. If phone is on home screen TV is on home screen. What I do is go to my gallery or get the movie I Want to watch. Then minimize it then go to real HDMI and enable then hold home button and open gallery back up from recent applications...less traveling and frustration. Good luck. I hope it works

OP
S

sjack86

Reaction score
Ill try and get another HDMI cable and test it out.

rabbit1080

Reaction score
I cant get real hdmi to work for me either. I have the newest os. I can view videos with the stock player thru the hdmi cable. I was also on the correct hdmi input on my tv. I also tried using all the hdmi inputs. When real hdmi is open, I push the on, and neither the phone nor the tv does anything. My phone doesnt freeze tho. Please help