Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Folks we are not power hungry mods. We do not single any one individual out or try to make their lives miserable. For anyone that has never saw this
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...06774-guidelines-conduct-droidforums-net.html we have guidelines to follow. Those guidelines have been in place before I became a member. We have rules in place to protect our members, not to hurt them. As far as Sam goes, we never gave him any official warnings, infractions, or bans outside of an occasional pm. We make every effort to work with others and only resort to discipline if necessary. Also, we aren't like other sites that let everything go. We've had people come here from other forum sites because they were treated unfairly or ridiculed. I will never be a part of another forum because I don't like their style. This is my home and always will be ilovedf

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel the mods have often taken a line to Punish the entire Bionic Community just to appease a few people who refused to read or follow directions but come on here feeling entitled, and that everything and everyone should just drop to their knees because is just about them.

Just to respond to your edit (and others)...

Sam also had his share of trolls in his threads that we also dealt with who were disrespectful to him. But most of you who follow / support Sam didn't notice that.

We didn't just pick on Sam, as some have stated. Our ultimate goal was to keep things civil.

gsDroid

Reaction score
The mods here are gigantic hypocrites. They resort to 'family friendly' arguments to justify deleting posts from a guy who has helped more people on this site than they ever could. How long do you think this post will be up?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The mods here are gigantic hypocrites. They resort to 'family friendly' arguments to justify deleting posts from a guy who has helped more people on this site than they ever could. How long do you think this post will be up?

Well, in case no one looked at my last post, I'll copy and paste part of the guidelines here:

10. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

11. Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

That's flat out untrue. If you have a problem with a call one of the mods makes, please feel free to PM any one of us to discuss further. We supported Sam the best we could while trying to stick to our commitment to respect. We had a difference of opinions with him. He has no ill will towards us, nor us towards him - it was his decision and we respect that.

He didn't run away from our house throwing eggs at us, so please don't disrespect him by doing that.

ebdvm

Reaction score
Bye Bye DF.

I hope the mods enjoy the desolated, lifeless and barren forum when all the members here move over the new place.

Closing my account and deliting all bookmarks to DF.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Look guys and gals, my leaving was a personal decision and was NOT intended to start a big debate. Please let it go so we can all move forward. The rules here are clear. I decided I can't support the HoB within that framework. So I chose to move it to where I have more control. Enough said. Let's leave it at that. Please.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay but your developer relations guy suggesting Sam may be taking a vacation, actually locking the HOB forum once, and deleting the entire moot section before this one were way over the top, why not just ban those who come on causing trouble rather than go after the entire community?
I'll be on here some times eventually, but just not a reason to stay for now

The previous Moot thread was closed because it was going crazy in a negative way. Sarge even ok'd the closing via PM with the understanding he'd probably start a new one the following week with more info.

And we have given some vacations to those that trolled the threads. Please don't act like our single goal was to stomp out Samuri and his help, because that's not the case at all.

nateohio

Reaction score
jntdroid said:
Just to respond to your edit (and others)...

Sam also had his share of trolls in his threads that we also dealt with who were disrespectful to him. But most of you who follow / support Sam didn't notice that.

We didn't just pick on Sam, as some have stated. Our ultimate goal was to keep things civil.

We did notice it and appreciate it! I've been following both the HoB thread and wireless moot very closely...and I never seen Sam or Sarge progress any further than what I would consider harsh criticism...Sam especially responded much better than I would have in dealing with the same amount of stupidity...if HoB was mine and you didn't read the directions and you screwed up, guess what? You'd be on your own...

Sam and Sarge have given more to the bionic community than any other person has and its a shame that they can't get aggravated with idiots who don't listen without being reprimanded by a mod...even if it is just a casual PM

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I've been on DF.net since nearly the beginning with my OG Droid.
This is not the first time the mods have run off a very active Dev nor do I believe it will be the last.

However, I wont be around much to see the next time it happens.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been on DF.net since nearly the beginning with my OG Droid.
This is not the first time the mods have run off a very active Dev nor do I believe it will be the last.

However, I wont be around much to see the next time it happens.

This is nothing like some of the drama that happened historically, though some of you seem bent on making it like that. He willfully chose to leave, unbeknownst to us - all we can do is respect his decision. droidrzr is a great forum as well, and his new thread has been linked in this one many times now. If that's "running him off", well, then we differ in our semantics.

Status
Not open for further replies.