Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think i'm gonna start a "What is the origin of your forum name?" thread over in the general section. I did that at MyDroidWorld back in the day, and the thread was very popular. Wanna see how it takes off here.

jayrod

Reaction score
Since we are sharing....

jayrod...first 3 initials of my first and last name...ingeniously inconceivable!

Avatar is an old picture I found and tweaked in PS of Anubis. I'm kinda into world beliefs/myths/Gods. Have a tat of Anubis standing on some steps halfway between realms with a bloddy heart in one hand and a spear in the other.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And they will continue to do so. Hence why I'm trying really hard to skip this gen of phone and wait for the new ones next year. Nothing we see today is SO MUCH better than the Bionic that I'm blown away. Ok, bigger screens, better battery, faster proc (slightly). Alright. But, not compelling enough to drop 650 so far.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think VZW is thinking they're still dealing with old Moto here and that theyll just roll over with the slightest push back.

Yea, it's the classic case of the school yard bully getting sucker punched and crying about it. VZW just got socked in the jewels and are trying to figure out why the hell it happened and what to do about it.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think VZW is thinking they're still dealing with old Moto here and that theyll just roll over with the slightest push back.
4.jpg

I hope they get OWNED bad come tomorrow *LOL*

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
I think i'm gonna start a "What is the origin of your forum name?" thread over in the general section. I did that at MyDroidWorld back in the day, and the thread was very popular. Wanna see how it takes off here.

about 4 years ago some friends of mine and I got obsessed with developing performance parts and ECU flashes for hyosung, a korean motorcycle brand that's sort of an offshoot of suzuki. ALTernative brand SPEED. I had the domain and blogged on it, posted links to new flashes, sold the few hard parts that we manufatured (billet rearsets, instrument brackets, a few custom parts for vintage british cafe racers, etc)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
about 4 years ago some friends of mine and I got obsessed with developing performance parts and ECU flashes for hyosung, a korean motorcycle brand that's sort of an offshoot of suzuki. ALTernative brand SPEED. I had the domain and blogged on it, posted links to new flashes, sold the few hard parts that we manufatured (billet rearsets, instrument brackets, a few custom parts for vintage british cafe racers, etc)

We should probably start posting these in the thread I just created. This thread is probably going to get cleaned up anyways, so now we have a place for these to be moved to.

EDIT: Very interesting though, especially me being into just about anything with an engine *LOL*

Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
Well it stands for Sergeant Major Derby which is my grandpa he was in the 101 st airborne LRRPs in Vietnam the sargentmajord is that i just made a typo an it just stuck :)

Is there a way we can change our screen name on here?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Alright semi-on topic now, I'm really interested in these processors. Would going from the OMAP's (strangely enough, OMAP3430 is in my keyboard dictionary, but I've never typed that out EVER) to the Tegra chips and what not be a step up? But then again, most of us aren't due for an upgrade for around 10 more months, and by then they'll all have newer processors and quad cores (or more).. Why doesn't it say in the app when your next upgrade is available >:/

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I couldn't care less when my next upgrade is. I'm not giving up unlimited. And if they take it from me for any reason, I'm leaving VZW. So upgrade dates don't matter one bit to me. It's a matter of finding a phone that's infinitely better than the Bionic. I don't think we'll see one for another 6 months at least, but, we'll see.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright semi-on topic now, I'm really interested in these processors. Would going from the OMAP's (strangely enough, OMAP3430 is in my keyboard dictionary, but I've never typed that out EVER) to the Tegra chips and what not be a step up? But then again, most of us aren't due for an upgrade for around 10 more months, and by then they'll all have newer processors and quad cores (or more).. Why doesn't it say in the app when your next upgrade is available >:/

Tegra 3 is a quad core, so it would definitely be a step up from the OMAP4 series. The GPU is also a step up. However, a moot point since at this time it doesn't work well with LTE. The thing is, we're JUST getting to the point where our Bionics are being utilized fully, I don't really think a quad core has much use at this point beyond benchmark scores. My Bionic on CM10 feels JUST as smooth as my now deceased N7 did.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
I couldn't care less when my next upgrade is. I'm not giving up unlimited. And if they take it from me for any reason, I'm leaving VZW. So upgrade dates don't matter one bit to me. It's a matter of finding a phone that's infinitely better than the Bionic. I don't think we'll see one for another 6 months at least, but, we'll see.

at least another 6 months, and I'm gonna wait on this bootloader issue with rank and file phones before I buy a dev phone, because I'm thinking once the tool for a particular model is on the street we can get individual phones cracked and screw VZWs unlocked bootloader surcharge

Status
Not open for further replies.