Wireless, Bluetooth control

FoFa

Reaction score
I swear I read about an app that allows you to control Wireless ON/OFF and Bluetooth ON/OFF, but searching and looking and I can't find anything or that thread again. I was looking for something easier on my Moto Droid than going through setup. Anyone know of one?

F4ion1

Reaction score
There is a widget that comes preinstalled on the Droid. Just add it to your home screen and your set. It's called "Power Control".

LordKastle

Reaction score
Power widgit has wifi, bluetooth, gps, sync, and brightness. Question though guys who use this widghit...I posted this in the other forum but it makes sense to go here now.

I went to add widgits and added the power control one. Now the last icon on the right is for the screen and brightness. I messed with it but now forget which is the default option

When its green it can be either bright or brighter - there are two options. Then when its turned off the screen is a bit darker. Does anyone know which out of the 3 is the default when you add the widgit to the home screen?

bpjen

Reaction score
the power widget is pretty useful if you are just looking for on&off control. As for screen brightness, it switches it from auto, which will dim or brighten the screen based on ambient light, to manual, and there are three settings there. I believe the default is auto, and to return it to auto you have to go through the settings. I hope that helps.

LordKastle

Reaction score
So change it to automatic brightness in the settings section under display? The widgit didn't change as for me right now its grey. When it goes green there two modes for it...and the second seems to be brighter.

When you add the widgit is the green light on for you? I am sure the default is either grey or the 1st green one but I'd still like to know what everyone else's is on. I want the default.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Bump. Even when I turn on automatic setting the green light on the widgit remains on or off depending on where I had it before.

If someone could maybe test it...When you add the "Power Control" widgit, the last emblem of the 4 is on the right. Is it green or off/gray? If it is green click on it once. If it remains green then click it once more, it will go to gray...and then once more and it will go back to the default setting. But if it goes gray after 1 click then obviously you have to press it twice more.

Bottom line..What is the defaut setting? Off/Gray on the widgit, Green 1 or Green 2.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I thought the green light was originally on but I have no way to go back to default. Anyone know if its green or gray.

yungo845

Reaction score
beautifulwidgets is what u want it also gives you the clock and weather widget like the hero it has a few more things also it's a $1 i think i have it on my droid

bpjen

Reaction score
As for the power widget, there are three settings- when the little green light is off it is in the lowest brightness. Click it, the green light comes on, and it goes to the middle setting. Click again, it goes to the brightest setting. The only way, that I have found, to get it back to the auto setting is through settings.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Yes I have manually put it on auto..but the thing is the widgit remains green or gray depending on what it was before. If you make it gray and turn on auto it will stay gray. If you make it green 1, and then go to auto it will stay at green 1. If i make it green 2 and then go to auto, it will stay at green 2.

When you initially put the widgit on the home screen, do any of you know what light it was on? Was the brightness showing as gray, green 1, or green 2.