Wirefly

nubby

Reaction score
Anyone have anything to say about Wirefly, Positive / Negative.
Verizon advertises buy 1 get 1 for the Droid 2 Global, but you end up spending over $400 then you have to wait to get $200 back via rebate.
Wireflly sells it for $49.

OP
nubby

nubby

Reaction score
Forget it. Just changed the option to upgrade as part of a family plan and the price jumped to the $149.

Reaction score
There is nothing like holding in your hand exactly what you're buying. Wirefly or any mail order company for that matter, is a bit of a risk. There are tons of negative reviews out there for Wirefly... but some excellent reviews too. I'm a satisfied customer though not sure if I'd do it again.

---( via Dx )---

Reaction score
I'm a satisfied customer though not sure if I'd do it again.

Can you give more detail?
I'm probably going to pull the trigger over the weekend unless something deters me.

Well, ok, here you go. The whole deal just felt "shady" to me. Verizon sells it for $200, Wirefly for $59. How can this be? I went to Wirefly's site, started poking around, and it was not $59, but $79 with a family plan. So I placed the order. They asked me to call them, so I had to call and verify all the information I already entered on the site. I didn't know my PIN (haven't used it in 10+ years), they said they couldn't help me without it. I swear Verizon explicitly said not to give out your PIN to anyone, ever.... so I said forget it, cancel the order.

The deal was way too good, so I went back to their website after Verizon reset my PIN for me and now the phone was $119!!! I called and re-activated my original order of $79. Had to call them twice more after that to verify information before the order was processed and the phone shipped.

I read over their agreement and they charge you an extra $100 at first, then they refund that amount...apparently after they process a rebate or something.

Phone arrived a few days later, instructions said NOT to call Verizon, but to dial some number to activate the phone. I did but the recording said it couldn't activate so I called Wirefly who said it would take 24 to 48 hours before I could activate it.

I crawled through the phone and tried to strangle the guy and he eventually said to call Verizon. So I did and the phone was activated within minutes.

I keep checking my bank statements to make sure something dirty isn't going on and I changed my PIN again just in case.

So far, the phone itself has been excellent. Can't say the same for piece of mind.

fis

Reaction score
For what it's worth, nothing like my experience, and I've ordered several times from Wirefly. I an quite familiar with how authorized dealers work, and Verizon does require some orders to go through manual verification steps -- but not most orders. I would not hesitate to order from wirefly. They have saved me hundreds of dollars and never had any issues.

Fwiw wirefly also runs major sites like radio shack, dell, target, newegg...

Sent using the Droid Forums app

Wirefly

Reaction score
Anyone have anything to say about Wirefly, Positive / Negative.
Verizon advertises buy 1 get 1 for the Droid 2 Global, but you end up spending over $400 then you have to wait to get $200 back via rebate.
Wireflly sells it for $49.

Wirefly is privately owned and based in Reston, Virginia; our company has been the Internet's #1 authorized agent for every major cell phone carrier in the United States since 2003. We are proud to have been voted #1 in customer experience by users just like you.

We have a great relationship with every major U.S. carrier. The carriers know that Wirefly brings them high-quality customers, and we save them time and money by handling the sales and activation process for their accounts, and by bringing them customers that might not have a retail store nearby.

Check out our new video here: [FONT=&quot]YouTube - wirefly's Channel[/FONT][FONT=&quot] . [/FONT]Feel free to give us a call at (800) 552-9000, our team would be happy to answer any other questions.
[FONT=&quot]-Zenneia[/FONT]

jrl9851

Reaction score
I ordered my fascinate from wirefly. Got it the VERY NEXT DAY. Activated no problem.

As long as you keep the phone for 6 months and don't change anything under the plan used with that phone, there is nothing to worry about.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Based on what I've read here, and the fact that there is a Wirefly rep here to answer questions, I feel comfortable ordering from them. My biggest problem now is do I buy a Droid X, or do I wait a month to see what the next gen will bring.

My phone works with a network extender. Just not on its own.

fis

Reaction score
Based on what I've read here, and the fact that there is a Wirefly rep here to answer questions, I feel comfortable ordering from them. My biggest problem now is do I buy a Droid X, or do I wait a month to see what the next gen will bring.

My phone works with a network extender. Just not on its own.
Ahaha, it's a trap, you know. There's always a better cell phone just around the corner. Just remember even if you wait for the next big thing, it will also feel obsolete in a year. The Droid X is a smoking phone and will cost you $200 less than whatever LTE phones get introduced in January. Plus Verizon will probably charge $10/month more for the newer phone's rate plans. Don't sweat it.

kameleongt

Reaction score
I got my fascinate for 29$ through wirefly within a month of its release. Well worth it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App