Wired Tether Problem

Alm3ga

Reaction score
I bought the pro version of EasyTether and installed it on my phone and computer just fine. When I right click on the easytether icon and click 'connect via android' it says 'connection established using direct usb transpot' but the windows network doesn't change and it still has the red X, and when I try to open a webpage it says unable to connect to the interent.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
A

Alm3ga

Reaction score
I believe this is a usb driver problem? I tried using the free version of pda net and it says error with usb driver, so I reinstall the driver and it says that error again..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have been using Easy Tether for months now. I see this post hook my phone up and now I have the same problem as you. Wonder if Big Red has done something? I go into Network and Sharing, Change adapter settings, Right click the adapter, hit diagnose and it says I need to hook up an ethernet cable.

It says that it is an unidentified network. But it is enabled.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Are you rooted? If so just get wireless tether for root users to tether your computer, that way the only thing you need your USB for is to hook your phone up on charge only.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Are you rooted? If so just get wireless tether for root users to tether your computer, that way the only thing you need your USB for is to hook your phone up on charge only.

Yep I am rooted, but if I get the wireless tether app, I would also need to get a linksys "thing" for my computer, as it does not have a wifi radio in it. I will just have to figure out what is going on with the wire app.

It worked fine all this time. I might just uninstall the app on my phone and computer and start over. Who knows???

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You might have to update the USB driver rather than just reinstalling it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had just tried my version of PDA net and it seems to be working fine, no driver problem at all, i have the same version that is on their site. I have used easy tether a couple times. Have you tried removing the driver completely or have you just reinstalled over it?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have mine working now. I changed it from a public to home network. It connected just fine.