Wired tether doesn't work

DroidStang

Reaction score
I went to this site as you said>>>>Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

I loaded that winmodem driver, and now internet connection mode works...here's the question is internet connection mode charge by verizon,m where pda net free..still working out that cd drive thing, looked like was going to allow access then had to reboot, and in internet mode will not allow access, but can surf internet and talk on TB.

mark3748

Reaction score
can't say for sure about the pricing, afaik it's not going to work any different than pdanet would.

If it's in internet connection mode you'll lose data access on your phone, it all gets routed to the PC, so if you're able to surf on your TB, you're not connected right to the pc.

I would suggest rebooting the phone, plugging the usb back in and selecting internet connection mode again. If the drivers are loaded your PC should see a new network connection (Usually called local area network 2.)

DroidStang

Reaction score
Yeah it shows connected network 2 . I turned off wireless called my bb works great when on pdanet at work i always am on network, surf talk same on icm,

Sent from my Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
Question, when plugged into work cpu I see the contents on that cd drive , copied to thumb drive besides the modem driver i installed already, would any of those other files on there allow me to see that cd drive? What are those bootstrap files for?
Sent from my Thunderbolt

mark3748

Reaction score
That is the auto installer for the drivers and the vz media software. Basically installs the driver and takes you to the site to get the verizon crapware.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DroidStang

Reaction score
Wonder why my work laptop picks that cd drive up and new hardware failed too for android

Sent from my Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
Ok I fianlly found something that at least allows me to say "Disk Drive" when I plug in and that useless CD drive does not try to Mount now. Since I was able to copy all files off that drive to a thumb drive I see no more use for it, assuming eats up your space on the phone itself anyways..here's what I did. If there is a built in CD drive you will see the option in Device Manager, but on a netbook you would have to plug in whatever is being seen as a CD drive to do this, so once plugged in I got the Gray No diskdrive found box, could not get rid of, so went around behind and made the change.
"
I've found a work around that at least stops the annoying attempt to install the v-cast drivers. I went into the device manager and disabled the cd/dvd associated with the HTC Android Phone USB Device. So far it hasn't returned."

Last edited: