Wipe Safestrap Off My RAZR For Good

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
This has been bugging me for a while. I'm trying to sell my Droid RAZR, but I want to make sure it is completely back to stock before I put it on ebay. Some buyers get leery of devices that have been rooted and I want to be able to get top dollar. EVERYTIME I restart my phone, Safestrap comes up. I have uninstalled it from the apps, I've done a FDR, and still it continues to show up. How do I get rid of it? I've only been able to find threads and videos showing how to delete older versions of Safestrap, and those methods no longer work with the newer version.

+1 a fastboot + wipe should get you back to 100% stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I actually just found the recovery right as you guys replied. It's going to take an hour to download on my freakishly slow Windows laptop. -_- Thanks for the help!

That looks like it. If you are already on ICS. Make sure you read that thread about any complications that can arise if not used properly. :thumbsup:

Awesome. Thanks for confirming that for me. I was already on ICS so we're good there. I'm going to get it back running properly then install that accidential OTA Jelly Bean leak. Maybe I can get even more money for my phone that way. :biggrin:

Be careful with that. Once on the JB leak there is no going back to ICS as of now. Also on the JB leak tethering doesn't seem to work, so personally I would just leave it on ICS. That's just my 2 cents, its your phone, do as you please :)

It worked! That was quick and painless. I have yet to do the JB leak, but I haven't been able to use tethering with ICS anyway so I'm not too concerned about it. Plus, I'll more than likely be selling the phone. Thanks for the advice though! :)

I'm such a n00b at this... I can't figure out how to install the update manually. I read something about booting into Moto's recovery mode, but when I do, I get the Moto/Dual Core symbol and then an Android laying on its back with a red triangle/exclamation point hovering over it. Then the phone boots like normal. Probably something I screwed up when I rooted the phone.

No you're good. When you see the dead android press volume up and volume down at the same time. This will get you to stock recovery.

Edit: ninja'd :)

Yeah I feel like an idiot now. Lol the install was aborted, but I didn't get the Status 7 error everyone else seems to be getting.

Back