Issue with safestrap

Deraldean

Reaction score
well here is a bit of a problem im having now.... a few days back i rooted my phone before i found out that the new update for ICS was being released should have done more research.... but anyway i installed Safestrap and began to set it up. well after i found out about the ICS release i unrooted but forgot to uninstall safestrap so i rerooted i went into Safestrap and uninstalled it. after wards went to my applications and uninstalled it there to get the app itself off and i unrooted. turned it on and off to make sure it didn't go into recov. and it seemed all clear... now for the fun part for some reason safestrap recovery mode has come back giving me the 10 second press menu screen. i don't know how it came back but how do i uninstall it this time? its not in my drawer as far as i know.. if i reinstall it can i do the uninstall like normal will it be able to pick up the old install?

any help would be greatly appreciated I'm looking forward to my eventually update of ICS but i know i cant do it if safestrap recov. keeps on coming on.....

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
well here is a bit of a problem im having now.... a few days back i rooted my phone before i found out that the new update for ICS was being released should have done more research.... but anyway i installed Safestrap and began to set it up. well after i found out about the ICS release i unrooted but forgot to uninstall safestrap so i rerooted i went into Safestrap and uninstalled it. after wards went to my applications and uninstalled it there to get the app itself off and i unrooted. turned it on and off to make sure it didn't go into recov. and it seemed all clear... now for the fun part for some reason safestrap recovery mode has come back giving me the 10 second press menu screen. i don't know how it came back but how do i uninstall it this time? its not in my drawer as far as i know.. if i reinstall it can i do the uninstall like normal will it be able to pick up the old install?

any help would be greatly appreciated I'm looking forward to my eventually update of ICS but i know i cant do it if safestrap recov. keeps on coming on.....
First, I don't use Safestrap, I use Bootstrap. So, take this advice with caution lol. Make sure you are unrooted and do a factory reset...yeah I know...all your downloaded apps will get dumped. Or, go to droidrzr.com. That site has a lot of users very familiar with Safestrap and may be able to offer a less painful resolution to your problem than Factory Reset.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you uninstalled Safestrap, you just installed the app. Reinstall safestrap and select remove recovery. It will remove safestrap recovery, then you can uninstall the app.

OP
D

Deraldean

Reaction score
When you uninstalled Safestrap, you just installed the app. Reinstall safestrap and select remove recovery. It will remove safestrap recovery, then you can uninstall the app.

do i have to re root? just making sure