Windows 7 does not recognize either of my Motorola droid phones.

drkstr

Reaction score
I cannot get my windows 7 computer to recognize that i even plug in to the phones with a USB connection. I have been trying to use the USB connection to get photos off my droid 2 global and also my droid 4 and neither one of them is recognized by the computer. I have no idea what changed because they both used to work fine, and now nothing. I did try going to Motorola and getting and installing updated drivers on my computer and that didn't seem to do anything, and i also tried to re-install the Motorola device manager to see if that would work and so far no go. I used to be able to just plug them in go to computer and open them up and put in and take out photos, music etc whatever i wanted to do, and now it does not even recognize they exist at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Did you restart your computer after uninstalling the drivers? Drivers can be real tricky, you may even need to install a driver utility to make sure it uninstalls.

For now, try AirDroid, this connects to your pc via Wifi and is a good temporary fix, well for me it became permanent:D