Will you switch to the dreaded?

Technoman

Reaction score
Umm... My droid x has better battery life than my friends iphone 4... And mine is fairly stock...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Be careful... you will ruffle UNC's feathers on that comment.

I actually recall seeing an article posted showing the Droid X beating ALL smartphones on battery life. I will hunt for it, but I am not going to make it my life mission.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
And flash? LOL!!!

Jobs was right about flash, haven't you read the stories posted on this website about flash's security flaws? Anyway, most websites are moving up to html5 and leaving flash behind...
I see the opposite happening on the net. More and more sites are utilizing flash.

Sent from my DROIDX

Jason-

Reaction score
Since I don't own a Droid yet, I would.. BUT, I am hoping to have my Droid within days!!

donballz

Reaction score
ev17d3_610x863.jpg

cpjr

Reaction score
Ok... the Battery argument is the lamest of all reasons to support the iPhone.

If your iPhone Battery runs down, you are down until you charge it.
If my Droid X battery runs down, I pop the cover and swap batteries!!!

FLASH!!!!! This alone make Android superior to iOS.

Ok, first of all an extra battery does not take up less space than an instant charger... think duracell...

And flash? LOL!!!

Jobs was right about flash, haven't you read the stories posted on this website about flash's security flaws? Anyway, most websites are moving up to html5 and leaving flash behind...

Sent from my iPhone 3gs android dual-boot using DroidForums App!
OK, pointless and incredibly childish arguments aside; you dual-booted a phone? That is ****ing cool.

Yeah android was actually ported over to a few iphone models as a "why not" kinda thing. I ran it on a 3G and it was kinda laggy and slow with issues sorta like you would have with a new ROM. But that was also with the first public release. Havent played with it since.

donballz

Reaction score
Doesn't it take a considerable amount of your phones harddrive space?

cpjr

Reaction score
Doesn't it take a considerable amount of your phones harddrive space?

No, not really. But considering the phone had 32GB internal it had plenty of space. Cant remember the actual size of the android OS, but its actually smaller in size than the iOS.....which the newer versions are almost 400mb, still nothing in comparison.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
The thing about the droid phones is expandability. Even if one had 32 gb internal, there would be a slot for up to 32 gb more....or 64 and higher as new format is developed.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
Here is what UNC says in the thread he is talking about, where he made sure to be the 2nd to reply on the issue>>>http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/93133-flash-has-yet-another-flaw.html

I'm not worried about my Flash Player, because there will be a fix, IF there is a real threat.

If you own a Droid UNC, you sure don't act like it. I own one, am proud of it, and that's why I spend time on this forum. Why do you?

Wow dude, just WOW. So me saying that Steve Jobs was right when Steve Jobs WAS right makes me a fanboy?

I spend time on this forum because I own a Droid and I hack it...

An iPhone is a DEVICE, its not a tool of Satan. A Droid is a device, its not a tool of the Lord. All I've been saying is that android's battery life SUCKS compared to Apple. That's it! If you're happy with your battery life than good for you, but I use my phone for business, and it is NOT GOOD for me. I've owned a MT3G, Droid, and Droid Inc. They've all sucked on battery.

If you are any indication of how juvenile android owners are "supposed" to be, I guess I do belong with an iPhone. I didn't bash you or make wild/inaccurate claims, yet you act like I've said the most terrible thing ever by pointing out a iPhone "Pro".

And to whoever asked, android 1.6 runs exactly the same on a 3gs as it does on a Mytouch 3g. Everything works.

Technoman

Reaction score
Here is what UNC says in the thread he is talking about, where he made sure to be the 2nd to reply on the issue>>>http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/93133-flash-has-yet-another-flaw.html

I'm not worried about my Flash Player, because there will be a fix, IF there is a real threat.

If you own a Droid UNC, you sure don't act like it. I own one, am proud of it, and that's why I spend time on this forum. Why do you?

Wow dude, just WOW. So me saying that Steve Jobs was right when Steve Jobs WAS right makes me a fanboy?

I spend time on this forum because I own a Droid and I hack it...

An iPhone is a DEVICE, its not a tool of Satan. A Droid is a device, its not a tool of the Lord. All I've been saying is that android's battery life SUCKS compared to Apple. That's it! If you're happy with your battery life than good for you, but I use my phone for business, and it is NOT GOOD for me. I've owned a MT3G, Droid, and Droid Inc. They've all sucked on battery.

If you are any indication of how juvenile android owners are "supposed" to be, I guess I do belong with an iPhone. I didn't bash you or make wild/inaccurate claims, yet you act like I've said the most terrible thing ever by pointing out a iPhone "Pro".

And to whoever asked, android 1.6 runs exactly the same on a 3gs as it does on a Mytouch 3g. Everything works.

So if you had the phones listed, why are you trolling the Droid X forum? You didn't list it as a phone that you have owned, so you really can't position yourself to say anything about it. I do own a Droid X, and MY battery life (and quite frankly most of the people I see posting on here) is great.

Battery life is more than just hardware and OS. APP's suck battery if they are always updating, trying to connect, using resources.

And yes, I do think that Steve Jobs is the devil (IMO)!! There, now you can come back and bash me for my opinion!

cpjr

Reaction score
There, now you can come back and bash me for my opinion!

Ummm, isnt that what ya'll are doing to him as much as he is to you? Seriously, why doesnt everyone grow up and stop giving a crap about what someone else likes or dislikes. Who cares. To each his own, thats why there are so many different choices out there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I definitely wont be getting an i*hone. I would consider dumping Verizon and going to Sprint just so I dont have to share a network with ....

Last edited by a moderator:

UNC

Reaction score
You are by far the juvenile one. I do not run around the iPhone forums preaching Satan and Lord statements and talking up the Droid X. I just don't. I stay here, try to help others, and have fun. You? You should really go back to the iPhone. I do think it is your true calling in life.

As far as the battery issue? We can go back and forth till we are blue in the face, Truth is, iPhone gets great battery life. But the thing about it is, you will never, have never and can't possibly have your phone set up the exact way as me or anyone else. So, because you have read an article or two, watch one or more You tube videos on comparison, you can NOT prove you get more out of your iPhone (in prior use) than I do with mine.

Whatever dude. "Will you switch to the dreaded" showed as a "new topic" so I figured I'd chime in. It doesn't say "is Droid X great", or "I love Droid X"... It says "Will you switch to the dreaded"........

"If you own a Droid UNC, you sure don't act like it. I own one, am proud of it, and that's why I spend time on this forum. Why do you?"

I forgot we are supposed to cover our ears and eyes and sing LALALALALALALA if someone gives praise to Apple.

I don't get it, do you like Android or HTC? Because if you like android, you sure don't act like it. I own a FEW android device, am NOT proud of em (as they're not my children or my invention) and need to hack them to get a smooth UI. That's why I spend time on this forum..... Why do you?

BTW. Android RUNS ON iPHONE, I WILL SAY AGAIN FOR THE 5 MILLIONTH TIME. So if you are a "fan" of android, I don't see how you can bash iPhone...

I guess you have to keep telling yourself that the iPhone sucks because you own a Droid X and are trying to "Sell the purchase", so to speak.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone knock it off...

No reason for anyone to be bashing anyone else.