Will you purchase the Motorola Droid X

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
I think that the main reason why I switched to the Droid from a regular LG verizon handset was because of the great UI. Knowing the fact that I had a higher processor was a plus. When I discovered there was a powerful touchscreen phone WITH a keyboard, my mind was made. I decided that just having a touchscreen without a qwerty keyboard would be too much of a burden, especially when i get the cold fingertips. Cold figertips don't react very well to touch screens, so i guess that the motorola droid was the best decision for me. Nothing but an awesome UI and a great device. And altering phones has always been something I have been to. Back when I learned about data cables and drivers for old skool nokia 5100 series, i really got into the whole scene. The droid just made things way easier, and there's a huge market for hacking and altering stuff for the yuppies that are too stupid to do it themselves. And iPhones are just pretty limited with their whole OS. So down with apple, up with devs and innovation.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Leaning to but Ima wait for
the rumored dual processor android device.

dmo580

Reaction score
Clearly with Engadget's preview the UI is still choppy. The blame is on Moto. They still can't get the OS right. A 1ghz Droid 1 still has a choppy homescreen too. We need ADW and LauncherPro to do this right?

What about HTC's Droid Eris and Droid Incredible and Desire? Clearly a 1ghz processor can be BLAZING fast and even a 528mhz ARM11 processor is good enough.

Moto has its history of slapping crap software together. And this is why I feel "Google Experience phones" are just insufficient. It's like a bare bones Android phone.

Superjay

Reaction score
I'm willing to try anything... as long as I have a rock solid backup plan... I need my phone to run a company. Without my phone NOTHING gets done. If that means a clamshell plain old regular phone in my pocket just to stay in touch I'll give it a shot

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Picking one up on July 15th! It was no easy feat convincing my wife that I really do need this thing despite the fact that my Droid will just barely be 8 months old!

kristoff125

Reaction score

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I obviously don't literally need a phone, but I do want it. The only reason my wife agreed to it is because I promised to sell a gun to cover the cost. Gotta give up something to get new toys once you get married.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lucas5

Reaction score
Seeing as I don't play games or do any multimedia beyond youtube, i don't see a need to have a super fast phone for myself. Sure, I want the OS to run fast, stable and have some nice features but that's it. The motorola Droid is just fine for me. of course, i probably will upgrade to a bigger and better android phone once I'm eligible for verizon's upgrade. i'm not stupid, i'll take an upgrade if it's free or really cheap.