Will you purchase the Motorola Droid X

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Undecided. Still not that sure what model to upgrade to but will probably wait for the Pro.

erinjwilk

Reaction score
Need some advice... Got the droid2 cuz of the keyboard, but hardly use it. Played with the X in the store & want to go exchange while I can. Already done 3 or 4 factory resets. It works now, but the X's screen and home keys are SO much more convenient! Only have a few days left to exchange... Obviously I'm horrible at making decisions... ;-) Help anyone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Need some advice... Got the droid2 cuz of the keyboard, but hardly use it. Played with the X in the store & want to go exchange while I can. Already done 3 or 4 factory resets. It works now, but the X's screen and home keys are SO much more convenient! Only have a few days left to exchange... Obviously I'm horrible at making decisions... ;-) Help anyone?

As long as you're of the locked & encrypted Bootloader on the Droid X - and the ramifications of that - go for the DX. It's big, it's powerful and it's fast.

-Mike

erinjwilk

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Mike! This is a tad embarrassing but I only understood the last sentence... :-[
Maybe that's why I've had to reset this phone 3 times already... I haven't done much and I think I can reinstall my apps... Everything is backed up on my sd and computer... If you can't tell, this is my first android. :)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Thanks for your help Mike! This is a tad embarrassing but I only understood the last sentence... :-[
Maybe that's why I've had to reset this phone 3 times already... I haven't done much and I think I can reinstall my apps... Everything is backed up on my sd and computer... If you can't tell, this is my first android. :)

A locked and encrypted bootloader means (in a nutshell) that Motorola has laid several land mines on the road to your future use of the Droid X - they want to prevent you from gaining administrative access to that phone . It may or may not prove to be a real severe problem, as lots of people seem to have found work-arounds for those land mines I spoke of.

-Mike

erinjwilk

Reaction score
So if I buy it from the verizon wireless store it will most likely be the what I need. Should I keep my sd card? There is so much stuff on there now and I don't know if it will effect the way my X configures... I'm on my way so I guess we'll see! Thanks again! :)

luv2ride

Reaction score
Ok this may seem crazy -- bought a droid X right when they came out. Came from an iPhone 4 which I had just purchased a few months before that and couldnt stand the signal. Converted to Verizon. Loved the size of the screen. So let's see how long has it been now, a couple months? I've disliked motorola's products for a long time now, they always lack something and the quality sucks~! Needless to say the phone looked great I only hoped it would perform as well -- it did for 2 months then I lost all gps functionality, bluetooth dropped all the time, forget connecting to wifi, (2.2 did help but I still had numerous issues with wifi connection drops) after that the phone locked up. Had to remove the battery to reset it and it never came back (stuck in a boot loop, then a picture of the battery with a ? mark. Verizon corporate store told me it had water damage becuse the little sticker peeled off the bottom of the battery and stuck to the phone. Yeah you morons thats what happened, look at all the other moisture monitors nothing on them including the one 3cm from the battery one.

Finally got them to send me a new (refurbed) phone. In the meantime I was visiting a local mall in the area and found a best buy mobile store on free phone friday - guess what was free, an incredible. Signed up for a new number and took one home with me. How can anyone not like the incredible better? Besides the smaller screen it WORKS, nothing has been an issue at all. The UI is so much better and all the apps they have designed are so much better to look at. The hardware itself doesnt look like it was made in a toy factory. I DO miss the bigger screen though -- bring on the incredible HD say goodbye to motorola. HTC has it goin on these days & they know it.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Ok this may seem crazy -- bought a droid X right when they came out. Came from an iPhone 4 which I had just purchased a few months before that and couldnt stand the signal. Converted to Verizon. Loved the size of the screen. So let's see how long has it been now, a couple months? I've disliked motorola's products for a long time now, they always lack something and the quality sucks~! Needless to say the phone looked great I only hoped it would perform as well -- it did for 2 months then I lost all gps functionality, bluetooth dropped all the time, forget connecting to wifi, (2.2 did help but I still had numerous issues with wifi connection drops) after that the phone locked up. Had to remove the battery to reset it and it never came back (stuck in a boot loop, then a picture of the battery with a ? mark. Verizon corporate store told me it had water damage becuse the little sticker peeled off the bottom of the battery and stuck to the phone. Yeah you morons thats what happened, look at all the other moisture monitors nothing on them including the one 3cm from the battery one.

Finally got them to send me a new (refurbed) phone. In the meantime I was visiting a local mall in the area and found a best buy mobile store on free phone friday - guess what was free, an incredible. Signed up for a new number and took one home with me. How can anyone not like the incredible better? Besides the smaller screen it WORKS, nothing has been an issue at all. The UI is so much better and all the apps they have designed are so much better to look at. The hardware itself doesnt look like it was made in a toy factory. I DO miss the bigger screen though -- bring on the incredible HD say goodbye to motorola. HTC has it goin on these days & they know it.

I agree with you about the Dinc. - see my signature :) - it is a much overlooked high end phone. My Dinc. is an early model, with an AMOLED screen, which is drop-dead *gorgeous* to look at, but a battery hound. No problem there though - I purchased one of those Seidio 3500 extended batteries, along with the accompanying case, and now I have a rooted phone, with a fabulous screen, and plenty of battery life. More even, than my Droid 1, and that used to be the workhorse phone in my lineup. The screen size is a bit on the small side for my tastes, but the pros definitely out weigh the cons. It's an excellent choice.

-Mike