Will you purchase the Motorola Droid X

Darkseider

Reaction score
Waiting for the Droid Pro Super OMGWTFBBQPWN phone running at 2Ghz that Motorola said would be sitting under my Christmas tree.

mikesmith0890

Reaction score
A 2ghz processor will be way better than snap dragon. Its rumored to be using the nvidia tegra chipset which imo is one of the best. It runs fast, cooler, more efficiently, and uses quite a bit less power. And a true 2ghz would open the door so many different things to be available to the phone, assuming of course it has the memory capabilities to support it. But with the push of hd coming to these phones and the ability for video chat, the stronger processor will make it all run smoother and allow for higher quality. Particularly if while doing these things we have the ability to multitask, at that point you'd see the need for the processor.

Even if it boils down that the apps only open a second faster, some people will want that, or just another cool thing to show all the apple fanboys.. "hey watch how fast I can do this"

coolkidd

Reaction score
I'm already collecting bottles for deposit refunds from the store.... I did 20 bottles @ 5cents a piece for $1 today... now $498 to go (assuming it cost $499 for no contract)... LOL!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm already collecting bottles for deposit refunds from the store.... I did 20 bottles @ 5cents a piece for $1 today... now $498 to go (assuming it cost $499 for no contract)... LOL!

9960 bottles to go to a droid, 9960 bottles to go.. ♫

I probably will not be purchasing the Droid X.

The Moto Droid has served me well for about 8 months now. With a new phone every 20 months I'm down to just about a year until the next phone. I seldom use the keyboard but it isn't in my way either. Too early to guess what I will pick up at that time. If the phone can be made to run whatever the latest OS version is I'll be happy. My guess is most newer phones will have better resolution, video out and who knows what else. I don't picture them having projectors and LED infrared keyboards just yet, but who knows.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey you forgot the "no, waiting for the Droid Pro thing or whatever it's going to be called"

Nightmares

Reaction score
Hmmm I dont know if i can wait for a droid pro, im really gonna be temped with the droid x!

Syraz

Reaction score
I just got my Droid a month ago, was going to get the incredible but I like a physical keyboard. Though I like the prospects of both Droid X and Droid 2, I am happy with I got for now. It does what I want. So I dont NEED an upgrade for which wont be an upgrade to me. I never been one to quickly upgrade to newer stuff, as long as it works and does what I need to, then I am happy

Droid Legion

Reaction score
My daughter's phone is due for an upgrade in July, but Daddy's gonna use it to get The X. :biggrin:

My Incredible is on eBay as I type this and I've reverted to my BlackBerry til The X is in my hands. Gotta sell it while it's hot

Looking at ebay right now, I'll make at least $150 over what I paid for the Incredible.

Yea, Capitalism ! :icon_ lala:

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I will be there on day one!! That screen just looks to awesome to pass up... but like almost everyone in here the supposed Droid Pro would be INSANE!!!! looks like my girlfriend will get the X if and when the Droid Pro comes out

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I may be the Droid X. It's the only phone thats ever tempted me since the Motorola Droid. I always told myself the only thing to pull me away from my Droid, would be a Droid. :p

I don't think the 2Ghz phone is very practical right now. It sounds good, but just not ready for something like that. I'll be good with an OMAP processor, clock at 1Ghz