Will you be using a protective shield on your droid?(screen)

Zippster

Reaction score
Me either yet, I am looking for something carrying/protective that I can still use the docks with minimal changes and effort.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will have a screen shield for sure, they are great. I do want a carrying case just because the thing will be so big, i dont want to dedicate an entire pocket to just it.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will be using a screen protector, but no case. I'll just put it in my pocket or leave it on my desk at work. On my hip I think it will be too big

TomN

Reaction score
I will have an Invisible Shield on mine as soon as they're available.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
I will be using Invisible Shield and possibly making a leather pocket pouch for it.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will have an Invisible Shield on mine as soon as they're available.

I will be using Invisible Shield and possibly making a leather pocket pouch for it.

Available on their website right now but will not be shipping until the 16th of Nov. I went ahead and ordered one.

I'll have the Invisible Shield and some sort of carrying case, but probably not a snap on case (so that I can use it in the docks). The glass screens are a lot harder to scratch and I'm hoping the Droid's body (which is made of mostly metal) will be durable as well.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
yea Im hoping with this glass screen to not have to worry to much about scratches. Im always diligent when it comes to protecting my phone but with the Plastic lenses of say my current BB 8330 it doesnt matter, still gets scratches. I too will opt just for a leather carrying case if available because plastic hard cases tend to scratch the phone and collect dust and junk under the case.

Reaction score
use ghost armor...dont have one yet, but its the best stuff on the market to prtect phones

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will get an invisishield as well. just don't know about full body or just screen.

I went with just the screen. It's hard enough to get that on, so I can't imagine getting it on the screen and the body of the phone successfully. Maybe I can hire someone to put mine on this time?:blink:

Papasmurf

Reaction score
I first put on a full body Shield when I did my voyager. Takes some patience and skill. But the end result was great. Full coverage and scratch resistance. Loved it and done it on all my phones since even my storm. That was tricky with the gap in the screen

Attackcenter

Reaction score
I really prefer Boxwave and Seidio. They are the both excellent clear screen protectors that dont require any water. You just have to clean with a Microfiber so that there is absolutely no dust. Then you put it on from the top down with a credit card wrapped with microfiber smoothing it down as you apply it. You'll always get a few tiny bubbles, which is no big deal. I usually gently try to get the bubbles out. It seems if you try to much, it leaves dents in the plastic. The other secret is to to try to get the top aligned right from the start. So, if you off a little bit, don't worry about. Because, if you try to reposition it you'll just add more bubbles.. The Zagg website press release also says "expect to start shipping to key retailers prior to the advertised availability date for the device on Friday, November 6th". So, maybe that means they have already started shipping to Best Buy (and other retailers) and will have it available the 6th, the day of the Droid release.

I don't want any water in my phone. I had one that used the water and it seemed hard to position, because I trying to keep water out of phone! :) Meanwhile, water is going into the ear speaker and around the button on my old Palm Pre. I'm debating about having Best Buy put on the Zagg. I would hate to have somebody back there bathing new $200 phone in water. :)

Does anyone know of any other custom fitting waterless screen protectors that are, or may become available for the Droid (but not cheap Fellowes Screen Protectors)?

Last edited: