Does the back of your screen have this?

Hero_Sky

Reaction score
Did a little search and didn't find anything, but wanted to know if your droid had this.

In between the screen and the keyboard, on the backside of the screen, does your droid 1 have a armor shield on it?

Thought it was sort of weird that the manufacture would put this on.

jimmy2179428

Reaction score
Yeah mine did. I took it off though, the slider runs up and down smoother now.

warrior21

Reaction score
The phone comes with plastic on the back that I removed a while ago. Whether to take it off or not has been debated as much as task killers on here.

OP
H

Hero_Sky

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep mine on until more air bubbles form.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The plastic film serves no purpose other than to protect the plastic during manufacture.
It does nothing for the device when in use.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
As I'm mentioned before I have huge OCD when it comes to that protective film. If it's on something I always want to pull it off. My ex got a new laptop covered in it and I kept trying to peel it off and she'd slap my hand lol

The film on the inside was the last I removed; every time I had the keyboard open I found myself picking at the edges until finally I just said screw it and peeled it off. No difference in how it slides but that's just my opinion. As Backnblack said, it's just for protection during manufacturing.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My film is still there, fully intact and I have had my Droid since 11/6

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I set up our field technician's Blackberry's along with everything else I do and you wouldn't believe how hard it is not peeling that film off each of them and getting my greasy fingerprints all over the back and front of those things lol

machnhed

Reaction score
As I'm mentioned before I have huge OCD when it comes to that protective film. If it's on something I always want to pull it off. My ex got a new laptop covered in it and I kept trying to peel it off and she'd slap my hand lol

The film on the inside was the last I removed; every time I had the keyboard open I found myself picking at the edges until finally I just said screw it and peeled it off. No difference in how it slides but that's just my opinion. As Backnblack said, it's just for protection during manufacturing.

LOL Yeah dude, my girl has done the same thing..... I CANNOT STAND having that plastic on there. It's meant to come off!!! A device is supposed to be naked and sleek and out there in the wild... Not taking that plastic off is like getting something in the mail and keeping it inside the packing peanuts. lol