Will Verizon help me out?

AngelBabee

Reaction score
Contd. Will get the best deal. You may have to go to more than one store and speak with more than one manager before getting the resolution you'd like. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Jordan8

Reaction score
OK the discounted pricing is the regular 2 year price, so you will basically just not get your new every two discount.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Oh, I plan to tell the truth, I just wasn't sure if all reps are held to the same stipulations.

According to my account on VZW's website, I can get a 4G Thunderbolt, for $209.99. Retail price is $599.99. I guess that isn't too bad. Is that what you are referring to?

I thought it was $249.99 for a TB, so looks like a good deal to me lol

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has Verizon historically replaced phones for free this far out considering I've been a customer for over 10 years
That really won't matter. People seem to expect too much for "loyalty" to a corporation.

Just a little tip in case this happens to someone else and the OP should still try this too. If your phone gets submerged in water, do this as quickly as possible:

Put a little white rice either in a ziplock bag or a tupperware bowl that has a lid.
Put the phone in the bag or bowl.
Pour more rice into the bag or bowl, completely covering the phone all over.
Let it sit for about 24 hours.

This usually works because the rice will draw the moisture out of the phone. The only time this hasn't worked from what I have heard, is when a person went swimming in salt water. However, I obviously am not promising that this will work but I have done this myself 4 times (lol) and all 4 times, it worked.
Most importantly: take the battery and all cards out immediately. The longer you leave them in (the battery in particular) the worse your odds are of recovering the device.

Fightnfire

Reaction score
Typically the rice trick, or any drying out trick, only works with clear water. Clear here meaning just plain water ie: a clean toilet bowl, shower, sink or sometimes even a "clean" mud puddle.

A hot tub or a washing machine will have other chemicals which reduce the chance of any drying out technique to near nil.

porsche996

Reaction score
Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program

Verizon Wireless’ Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program offers a replacement option to customers who are not enrolled in Equipment Coverage, Wireless Phone Protection, and/or Extended Warranty.

• If your device is lost, stolen or damaged and you are not enrolled in Total Equipment Coverage or Wireless Phone Protection, you can purchase a Certified Pre-Owned Replacement device to replace your original device.
How to Order

Certified Pre-Owned Replacement devices are available to existing Verizon Wireless customers who meet eligibility requirements, and can be ordered through Verizon Wireless retail stores or through Customer Service at (800) 922-0204. Certified Pre-Owned Replacement devices available through this program are not sold online."

Here's your best option, most likely, other than trying to snag one off ebay. I was afraid I was going to have to go this route, but turns out I'm still in my warranty period (barely), so I'm getting my phone replaced for free (touchscreen stopped working right).

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
OK the discounted pricing is the regular 2 year price, so you will basically just not get your new every two discount.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Oh, I plan to tell the truth, I just wasn't sure if all reps are held to the same stipulations.

According to my account on VZW's website, I can get a 4G Thunderbolt, for $209.99. Retail price is $599.99. I guess that isn't too bad. Is that what you are referring to?

The only info I can offer you is, if you do go for the Thunderbolt, you will NOT be sorry.
Good luck =)