[Rumor] HTC Thunderbolt May be Offered for FREE from Verizon Very Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
free-tbolt.jpg

According to the above leaked internal pic of Verizon's revamped website, after their current promotions end, we may see the HTC Thunderbolt for the ridiculous price of FREE, on a new two-year contract! For those who didn't want to hold out for the Droid 3 or Droid Bionic, but wanted a speedy large-screen phone, this is an incredible deal. It's possible that this is some hacker's Photoshopped fake, but if it turns out to be true it'll be a strange new first for Verizon to have so quickly dropped the price of one of their "flagship" phones. Although, I suppose it does make sense if they want to get rid of inventory before their new superphones hit the market. Who is tempted by this? And if not for yourself, then maybe for someone you know?

Source: ThunderBoltForums.com via PhoneArena and vbuzz.com

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I will think seriously about this only if it indeed does become a "free" upgrade. I am plenty happy with my Droid X, but I am in need of another smart phone that is not a BB...so we shall see what comes if this...

Sent from my GB'd Droid X

nguyenlm

Reaction score
that image is mad fake.
why would they go from selling pre-owned droid x's for $49.99 to 59.99.
Not to mention thunderbolt "50%" != free.

daveck

Reaction score
I assume this price will come into effect after the confirmed July 7th data capping deadline.

Since I don't have a data plan, but I want unlimited data I can either:
- Get the TBolt before the 7th and pay the $150(with loyalty credit) but unlimited data.
- Get the TBolt after the 7th for free and figure the extra $150 will cover 15 months of 1GB data overages. (I have calculated that I will be using 1.5 GB per month in podcasts alone)
- Wait and get a Bionic or a Galaxy and try to talk them into unlimited data since I have been a customer for a long time.
- Never get a phone with data and stick with my old wifi enabled non-data smartphone.

Any other ideas???

Verizon keeps changing the game.

6bolt2g

Reaction score
Fake, on top of the rest of the pointed out things, the Droid X pre-owned is listed twice. Lets try to look before posting lol.:rating00:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fake, on top of the rest of the pointed out things, the Droid X pre-owned is listed twice. Lets try to look before posting lol.:rating00:

The "free" Thunderbolt is also listed twice.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't Shoot the Messenger

This story ran on several websites, and I made it clear that it could be a fake, so please don't shoot the messenger.:r_c:

I try to bring you guys what may be interesting or relevant news. It's not up to me to decide if it's fake or not. I leave that up for you to discuss. ;)

Vito.a

Reaction score
I do think the Thunderbolt price is going to drop. My wifes company offered them a choice of five Droid phones and the Thunderbolt was one of them. I warned her about the short battery life.