HTC Thunderbolt Gets Crazy Good deal at Amazon; Only $130 Bucks On-contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wpid-Amazon-Tbolt-130.jpg

Amazon's Wireless Site has the HTC Thunderbolt at the ridiculously low price of $129.99 on-contract. That's a pretty amazing deal on the superphone, and with that pricing, it's really hard to even consider the new Samsung Droid Charge that is coming out soon. In fact, in makes you wonder what sort of brain-damage the marketing folks at Verizon must have when they price the Droid Charge at $299.99 on-contract. Who would ever pay that when they can get the TBolt for less than half the price. Just, strange...

Source: TalkAndroid and Amazon

Skull One

Reaction score
For a phone that VZW said outsold the iPhone for top spot in the last 30 days, I am starting to question how legit that is if Amazon is already $120 lower than VZW's price.

Normally when a product, that is less than 45 days old, takes a price cut of 40% it means it is failing to meet sales expectations.

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is this only for new verizon customers?

I just double checked on this
Only for NEW customers

trying to use my upgrade it puts the price @ $199

so back to waiting I go (two phones to upgrade, gotta save where I can)

TheBawse

Reaction score
For a phone that VZW said outsold the iPhone for top spot in the last 30 days, I am starting to question how legit that is if Amazon is already $120 lower than VZW's price.

Normally when a product, that is less than 45 days old, takes a price cut of 40% it means it is failing to meet sales expectations.

Dear Skull One,

Thanks for buying an iPhone. I hope you are enjoying this device that is more magical than unicorn farts.

Sincerely Mine,

Steve Jobs

P.S. I know where you are right now

Skull One

Reaction score

Dear Skull One,

Thanks for buying an iPhone. I hope you are enjoying this device that is more magical than unicorn farts.

Sincerely Mine,

Steve Jobs

P.S. I know where you are right now

*sigh*

That is the problem with ignorance.

The Android OS sends the data in real time vs Apple who only sends it every 12 hours. And currently Android is sampling more often.

I know this because I own a Droid A855, which I still use every day, have worked with 3 ROM developers as a consultant, have 120 hours of documented research on overclocking (my thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html which is my contribution to the Android community), voltage and kernel development.

Oh and for fun, I am currently ramping up to develop gaming software for iOS, Android, WP7 and the Xbox 360.

So yes, I do own an iPhone and a Droid. Yes I do use them both daily. But one is used as a phone while I await the other one to finishes going thru its growing pains before I buy another one.

I am curious besides snarky comments, what have you done to help the Android community?

Bengal21

Reaction score
Put your droid weiners away boys. What does the size of your cellphone weiner have to do with the price of phones?

honeyandroid

Reaction score
it's really version one not Spam product?

So cheap! can't believe it and can you make sure the quality is no problem and really one?

Natey2

Reaction score
$299 to 199 to 149/129 to 99 to 49/29 to free (with a 2 year contract).

That's how the price drops on almost all new phones I've seen over time.
Not iPhones though.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

sb1831

Reaction score

Not iPhones though.

I've never paid attention to amazon for phones as I typically buy outright or previously I'd do one year contracts. Do they always drop this quickly on there?

Skull One

Reaction score

Not iPhones though.

That price drop happens over a years time frame due to diminished interest in the phone. The Thunderbolts price drop is interesting because VZW still has it at launch prices while online retailers are already discounting them drastically inside of 35 days of release.

The iPhones price point is static due to continued interest and sales. Apple has no incentive to drop the price. That is what separates a great product from a good product.

undroid

Reaction score
Skull One, it has nothing to do with great vs. good product. It has everything to do with what's popular & mainstream.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Skull One

Reaction score
Skull One, it has nothing to do with great vs. good product. It has everything to do with what's popular & mainstream.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

You just made my point using different words. Great products are both popular and mainstream over very long periods of time. In the cell phone world that means anything over 10 month old that maintains it's price is a great product.