Will the Moto Droid get a 2.2 upgrade when X releases?

Ntnme2lose

Reaction score
Just wondering if the people with a regular Moto Droid(like me) will be able to get a software upgrade that includes a flash player? Or will we be forced to upgrade to a Droid X?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is discussed quite a bit. It appears from the information we have that the Droid will get an upgrade actually before the X does. The X will come out with 2.1.

This is what I'm hearing from what I consider a good source (my friends dad has a daughter who works at Verizon). So I think we can count on it.
Just Kidding!!!

The source is a good source. Hopefully they are correct.

OP
N

Ntnme2lose

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I'm really hopin the Droid will get a flash player. Or is there an app for one?

Mojo

Reaction score
All dates regarding OS upgrades are subject to change. Even at the last minute. However, Moto Droid is on schedule for late July and Droid X is scheduled for late Aug. This information was first leaked here on Droid Forums.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/53937-droid-droix-x-froyo-confirmation.html And someone else has also leaked the same info to Android Central. Droid set for Android 2.2 in July, and Droid X to follow? | Android Central This was 2 seperate peoples leaking the same info... so i would say that it is pretty crediable.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Be sure to browse this site. Those are both very popular topics and there's certainly a lot of information already out there.

kdw11005

Reaction score
I have a moto droid as well & I would assume we will get the update. I love how even if you have an "old phone" you still can have the lateset and greatest without haveing to buy the new phones. Wouldn't trade my moto droid for anything!!

GrsmRngr

Reaction score
ok, so does anyone expect any more Moto Droid software updates, or is 2.2.2 going to be its final resting place? I am stuck with this thing until at least April 2012, and WOW, it needs something.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
nice, thread bump from over a year ago lol.

I think the OG Droid has received all the updates that it's going to get.

Another route you could go is to root and ROM.

GrsmRngr

Reaction score
Yeah, I realized AFTER I sent this that it was an ancient thread..oh well. Still needed the answer. And it was as I figured. As far and root and ROM, I have NO IDEA how to do that to a phone. I can do damn near anything on a computer...so with instructions, I can figure it out no prob. Is there a reliable site on how to do it?

nice, thread bump from over a year ago lol.

I think the OG Droid has received all the updates that it's going to get.

Another route you could go is to root and ROM.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, I realized AFTER I sent this that it was an ancient thread..oh well. Still needed the answer. And it was as I figured. As far and root and ROM, I have NO IDEA how to do that to a phone. I can do damn near anything on a computer...so with instructions, I can figure it out no prob. Is there a reliable site on how to do it?

Not on my PC right now so hard to find a link, but look up superoneclick.

There's also a bunch of youtube videos that I refer friends to when I'm busy and they never had any problems. Just look up "root droid 1" or something along those lines, I believe you should be on 2.2?