Will the Inc constantly be on backorder?

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
A couple days ago, I checked Verizon's website and it said the Inc will shipped by 8/6. Now it says 8/9. Will the Inc constantly be on backorder like this? I'm able to get a new phone on the 19th and I don't wanna wait any longer since I've been waiting since July to get a new phone.

ptsmith24

Reaction score
I just checked the VZW site and it still says 6 Aug (even after clearing the cache).

haru3173

Reaction score
At least they were able to catch up... a month ago people have to wait for almost a month to get theirs.

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I just checked the VZW site and it still says 6 Aug (even after clearing the cache).

When I clicked on the link to Incredible next to the picture it said will be shipped by 8/9, but in the phone's details it said 8/6.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I think the phone will be on back-order for some time to come. I don't think they anticipated the overwhelming response to it. I know some people were able to put in an order about a month before their upgrade date for the Dinc and the X. It is worth a call to Customer Service and see if you can get the early upgrade order in and then you won't really feel like you are waiting, you might even get it before you were due.

And yes I am one of those people that waited 27 days for my phone to arrive... I am glad I didn't settle for a phone that was available it was worth the wait!

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I think the phone will be on back-order for some time to come. I don't think they anticipated the overwhelming response to it. I know some people were able to put in an order about a month before their upgrade date for the Dinc and the X. It is worth a call to Customer Service and see if you can get the early upgrade order in and then you won't really feel like you are waiting, you might even get it before you were due.

And yes I am one of those people that waited 27 days for my phone to arrive... I am glad I didn't settle for a phone that was available it was worth the wait!

I just checked and now it says it will be shipped by 8/10. If I ordered it now, I should get it a few days after 8/10 right? Or will it only be shipped on the 10th for certain people?

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
it will be back ordered for a long time just like the evo shortage on the screens & sprint & verizon are fighting to get supplies for there devices

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!

I just checked and now it says it will be shipped by 8/10. If I ordered it now, I should get it a few days after 8/10 right? Or will it only be shipped on the 10th for certain people?
The date listed is the date they guarantee it will ship by, it could ship before then.

EdisonCheug

Reaction score
not optimistic about that.
i think youll have to wait for some time...

ChefMan

Reaction score
Man I must of gotten so lucky right when this phone came out. I walked into the verizon store and plopped down my BB and said "Why does this phone suck so bad" 15 minutes later the guy was walking to me with a brand new Dinc box in hand and i was out the door. I Thank my lucky stars each time i see a thread like this, now if i could just get my screens to look as cool as everyone elses. Hope you get your phone soon.

PghGuy

Reaction score
Only took a Week

Back when everyone was waiting at least a month, I went to a Best Buy further out from the city and received mine in 7 days.dancedroid

ptsmith24

Reaction score
I'm on the HTC site and it says "In Stock" for the Incredible. The upgrade price is $150 (that includes an instant rebate). The overnight shipping isn't free, but that's non-issue if it's actually in stock. I was planning on ordering straight from Verizon (and probably still will) since I have another month before I can upgrade; I'm not really sure what the supply will look like then with the release of the Droid2 (especially if D2 stock can keep up with demand).

Crypt92

Reaction score
Right now it says on Verizon Wireless will be shipped by 8/10. Just as long as you order your phone asap the quicker you will get it. simple as that. I ordered mine 7/27 and got mine 8/2 which wasn't bad considering b4 it took longer. It will get come soon. I think it's a good thing because it's a phone well worth it. Higher demand for Android phones only mean good things.

jm_gagnon

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 8/01/2010, the site said it would be shipped by 8/06. I received in on 8/05. So, whatever the date shows on the site, it WILL BE shipped by. It was worth the 4 days wait. There was roughly 2 days between ordering and receiving the email that says the phone shipped.

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I'm on the HTC site and it says "In Stock" for the Incredible. The upgrade price is $150 (that includes an instant rebate). The overnight shipping isn't free, but that's non-issue if it's actually in stock. I was planning on ordering straight from Verizon (and probably still will) since I have another month before I can upgrade; I'm not really sure what the supply will look like then with the release of the Droid2 (especially if D2 stock can keep up with demand).
Could I use a New Every 2 upgrade on the HTC site and get it for $50?

Last edited: