Will the Gear VR with controller entice you enough to pre-order the S8 or S8 Plus?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Will anybody be pre-ordering the S8 or the S8 Plus in order to obtain a Gear VR with controller? It appears that pre-orders have to placed by April 20th and I am sure that the "freebie" is limited. This means if the Gear VR will help to justify the new phone, you might want to act early as I am sure that supplies will be "limited"!

From the Samsung website...
Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC res. From 3/30/17 – 4/20/17, purchase a Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ phone & follow the instructions to submit Offer Claim Form & purchase receipt online. Only valid with device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease, or outright purchase at full retail price. Purchase requirement varies, please check with your carrier. Must submit Offer Claim Form & valid purchase receipt online or via Shop Samsung App between 4/10/17 and 5/14/17 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Subject to verification, receive a free Samsung Gear VR bundle which includes a Gear VR with controller (est. $129.99) and an Oculus content bonus (est. up to $50 value) redeemable as a digital download from the Oculus store (“Bundle Gift”), while supplies last. Gift will be mailed to the contact information on the Offer Claim Form w/in apprx. 6-8 wks after verification. Participants who make a Qualifying Purchase on Samsung.com or the App will add their Bundle Gift at the time of purchase and will not need (or be eligible) to submit an Offer Claim Form. No more than 350,000 Bundle Gifts will be available in this Offer. Bundle Gifts subject to availability. Bundle Gifts are non-transferrable. Offer may be combined with the Platinum Experience with Samsung Rewards and other Carrier or Retail sponsored Pre-order offers, but may not be combined with any other Samsung offer, rebate or promotion. Additional restrictions apply. Subject to full Terms and Conditions available on Website. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

buy

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I'm a Costco member and they have a promotion for not on the VR deal but they include a few other things as well. If I didn't want either the S8+ or the Pixel XL I'd just get an S7 as they have a great deal going on right now with a cash card rebate plus some freebies.(and the much lower price)

Clintlgm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+
Yes I preordered with Sam's Club, VR set up and $150 Gift card S8 Plus 64GB Silver. Color don't matter to me, Its going into a Orange and black case.

I was still quite happy with my S5 Active. it being 3 years old now I guess I got my moneys worth and it will be handed down though the family

Last edited:

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I thought about getting it, but knew I would never use it again after a couple of days. So I passed on the offer.