Will the Fascinate becoming a Droid?

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Well that's good that Bing is easy to remove. Now lets hope they don't change the bootloader. Easy root anyone?

The internationally version of the Galaxy S phone has been rooted long ago. They are virtually the same devices, so technically the Samsung Fascinate has been rooted already.

bizzshow

Reaction score
I know the European version has been rooted shoot the GSM us versions have been rooted. I'm just hopeing for a quick root for this. Can care less if it has the Droid branding. Vzw release it and please don't lock it down

nagmier

Reaction score
The device will not be branded as a Droid. Remember not all Android phones get the Droid branding... LG Ally... and lets not forget that Verizon is getting the worst version of the Galaxy S only 2Gb internal storage where the others have 16Gb

ranterbul

Reaction score
The device will not be branded as a Droid. Remember not all Android phones get the Droid branding... LG Ally... and lets not forget that Verizon is getting the worst version of the Galaxy S only 2Gb internal storage where the others have 16Gb

2GB internal with a 16GB micro sd card installed with the ability to upgrade to a 32Gb.

Key features and specifications:

• Android 2.1 platform – With support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk and Android Market
  • Full HTML Web browsing capabilities
  • Preloaded with Bing Maps and Bing Search
  • 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities – Allows customers to transform their phone into a wireless modem for up to five compatible Wi-Fi-enabled devices
  • Super AMOLED Screen Technology – Brilliant display makes watching movies, viewing videos and playing games come to life like never before, even in bright light and outdoor environments
  • Advanced touch screen gestures capabilities, including multi-touch pinch to zoom, double tap to zoom and horizontal swiping, which provides easier and quicker access to many applications, including location-based services, Web browsing and digital photos or videos
  • Multiple file formats supported, including DivX support
  • Samsung 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor – Produces amazing graphics, faster upload and download times and HD-like multimedia content
  • Six-axis sensor that works with the smartphone’s accelerometer to provide a smooth, fluid gaming experience when the user is tilting the device up or down or panning the phone to the left or right
  • Virtual QWERTY Keyboard Featuring Swype Technology – Input text faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard
  • Full suite of messaging options – Text, picture, video and voice messaging; corporate and personal e-mail accounts supported
  • 5.0-megapixel camera/camcorder – Auto-focus and LED flash with HD video recording and playback (720p) capabilities to capture photos and videos for playback on your HD television
  • WiFi Connectivity (802.11 b/g/n)
  • Stereo Bluetooth® Technology – Support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, object push for vCard and vCalendar
  • Corporate Email – Supports Android Eclair Exchange ActiveSync e-mail to synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from office e-mail accounts
  • Music and video players and 3.5-millimeter headphone jack
  • 2GB internal memory expandable to 32GB, 16GB microSD™ included with handset
Lifestyle features:

• V CAST Music with Rhapsody®, V CAST Video on Demand, V CAST Song ID, Visual Voice Mail, V CAST Tones, VZ Navigator® and Mobile IM , City ID
  • Samsung’s Social Hub – Built around messaging, contacts and calendar sync, which allows users to send and receive information, whether it is e-mail, social network updates or SMS messages
    • Integrated Calendar information from portal calendars, on Exchange, Google Calendar™ and social networking services (SNS), including Facebook®
    • Integrated Contacts syncs with Exchange, Google, Twitter and Facebook® and displays a user’s contacts in four categories including Information, History (previous calls and messages), Activities (status updates and notifications on social networking sites) and Media (Facebook profile photos and photo gallery)
  • Feeds & Updates – Displays feeds from multiple SNS sites such as Facebook®, MySpace and Twitter, which also allows users to update their status instantly
  • AllShare Application – Enables inter-device connectivity through Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), so users can send multimedia content wirelessly to other DLNA-enabled devices such as TVs and laptops
  • Daily Briefing – Instant access to weather, news, stocks and schedule
  • Write and Go – Quickly jot down an idea and later decide on a format, such as SMS/ MMS, e-mail, calendar or memo, to send or post to popular SNS sites such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace
  • Weather Clock – Displays current time and weather of the selected city (ability to add and select other cities)

nagmier

Reaction score
Yes and the Vibrant comes with 16Gb internal and 2Gb Micro SD... Which is the better choice? 32GB + 16Gb = 48Gb versus the max 34Gb on the Facinate... look I wish this phone were the best, I'm a Verizon customer and its going to be the phone I get my wife but thats pathetic, I'll bet you they still charge $199 on contract and $499 off contract... if its cheaper then it wont be so bad but I'm not going to bet it on being any cheaper.

didiwags

Reaction score
Yeah I would not want a android phone w/o google!! I almost forgot why I went with the X over this phone till I read through this post and remembered it is going to be powered by nasty Bing!!!
Honestly it is a very nice looking phone, I saw it in the BB ad and was like oh that looks slick, BUT again if it is not google I dont want it! To bad though.... :(

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Yeah I would not want a android phone w/o google!! I almost forgot why i went with the X over this phone till I read thorugh this post and remembered it is going to be powered by nasty Bing!!!
Honestly it is a very nice looking phone, I saw it in the BB ad and was like oh that looks slick, BUT again if it is not google I dont want it! To bad though.... :(

Just so you know you can download the google search and google maps apps from the market. Plus you can root and remove the bing app if you hate it so much.. It is powered by google so...Yeah you were wrong.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Isn't all that V-Cast stuff additional charges? It was on my old phone and I hated it. Locked up junk that made it difficult to interact with the phone. VZ Navigator was additional cost also so why would I want that stuff???