Samsung Fascinate Reviews

bizzshow

Reaction score
The fifth review is about useless and it seems they don't know what their taking about. Both phones provide the same connectivity screen probably is a draw camera is a draw due to the crappy performance of the dx while recoding 720p that's all I have to say on the topic

713King

Reaction score
I dont know what you talking about video quality because on my X the videos look amazing, i just put some videos on computer and they look really great.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol......u would be surprised how many ppl would say the opposite. Not really the opposite, but not say one screen is better than the other.

Both have their pros n cons. I prefer LCD. I can live with the cons of LCD vs. Super Amoled. Right now I cant live with the cons of Super Amoled. If there comes a time when all phones use Super Amoled I wont have a choice...lol

The Engadget review wasnt too bad as some ppl made it to be. The review fell apart when it came to the software on the Fascinate, like it fell apart when they did the X review. I feel the Fascinate shoulda got higher than 6/10 on the scorecard tho.

Last edited:
J

Johnly

Super Amoled > LCD...ask anyone.

You are correct. The amoled TVs are way better too. More expensive, yes, but the tech for being green and having the best viewable facits can't be beat.

pool_shark

Reaction score
No voice dial over bluetooth, that takes it out of the running for my girlfriend's next phone.

I'm sure it will be able to do so when it gets 2.2, not sure when that will be though.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am going to stop in VZW today, just to check this device out

Silverwing

Reaction score
^lol......u would be surprised how many ppl would say the opposite. Not really the opposite, but not say one screen is better than the other.

Both have their pros n cons. I prefer LCD. I can live with the cons of LCD vs. Super Amoled. Right now I cant live with the cons of Super Amoled. If there comes a time when all phones use Super Amoled I wont have a choice...lol

The Engadget review wasnt too bad as some ppl made it to be. The review fell apart when it came to the software on the Fascinate, like it fell apart when they did the X review. I feel the Fascinate shoulda got higher than 6/10 on the scorecard tho.

What cons and pros. You made absolutely no points in your statement. I am curious what you like and dislike about each.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

What cons and pros. You made absolutely no points in your statement. I am curious what you like and dislike about each.

I didnt list any cuz the LCD vs. Amoled debate has been beaten to death...lol But if u wanna know my opinion:

LCD looks sharper when reading texts, shows more details in movies. The Pentile Matrix these Amoled screens are using might be the reason for this. If it is, they need to rethink that IMO.

Amoled has "vibrant" colors, deep blacks. I used quotes around vibrant cuz....its looks over saturated to me. Me and this guy had a debate about a Monsters Inc clip he posted. He said the Amoled destroyed the LCD. U could see more details on the LCD screen tho...me and him looked at that same clip differently. Where he saw Amoled destroying the LCD, I didnt cuz of the missing details on the Amoled.

Amoled is supposed to use less power than LCD, but there was a web browsing battery test and all the Samsung phones did bad. The testers explained that white backgrounds use more power than black with Amoled. I think Amoled battery savings might shine when the phone is on standby, in between uses. The Samsung phones have amazing rated standby times. The rated talk time is lower than the X's, but the standby time is alot more than the X's.

Amoled viewing angles is very nice. LCD is washed out when viewing at angles. Dont know about Super LCD.
Super Amoled are supposed to look better in sunlight.

But I would recommend anyone to see these screens in person. Like the same dude posted a pic of guy in a black t shirt. The pics he posted showed the LCD looking washed out. He gave us a download link for the same pic...and it didnt look washed out on my X until I looked at it off angle.

Last edited: