Will the Fascinate becoming a Droid?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will Verizon end up changing the name of the Samsung Fascinate to become the Droid Fascinate? I'm not sure about this one, I have my doubts..

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the investment VZW has made advertising the "Droid" product line, I don't see any reason why this will not be another "Droid" branded device. So I am going to have to vote "Yes" - I have a feeling that ALL high-end Android devices on VZW will share the Droid branding.

On a related note, I personally feel that VZW comes up with the STUPIDEST names for its devices. Droid Incredible..... Droid/Samsung Fascinate..... STUPID....

I like the Galaxy name for the Samsung device ALOT more, Fascinate sounds borderline dumb.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I agree with Dave.....With all that cash into advertising they would be crazy not too.....

Mojo

Reaction score
The Fascinate will not be under the Droid Branding... Droid Branding is reserved for "with google" devices. The Fascinate is "with Bing"

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
they'll hold out until the release of the droid wonderful

bamfsig45

Reaction score
The Fascinate will not be under the Droid Branding... Droid Branding is reserved for "with google" devices. The Fascinate is "with Bing"

The Reviews of the Galaxy S have the Google branding on the back. Is Fascinate a different phone?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Reviews of the Galaxy S have the Google branding on the back. Is Fascinate a different phone?

not a different phone, but there will be Bing Maps and Bing Search pre-installed, unlike its Galaxy S brothers on TMobile, ATT, and Sprint.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-fascinate-will-include-bing-maps-search.html

bamfsig45

Reaction score

not a different phone, but there will be Bing Maps and Bing Search pre-installed, unlike its Galaxy S brothers on TMobile, ATT, and Sprint.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-fascinate-will-include-bing-maps-search.html

That is freaking sad....Android = Google. Yet MS crap is getting put on there...YUK!!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Although most of us on this forum would prefer having Google as the default search provider and maps, I doubt the every day person buying a smartphone really cares. Still seems blasphemous though!

Darkseider

Reaction score
The Fascinate while nice is not going to win over many customers on Verizon simply because of the Droid X. When compared to the Droid X it is not nearly as feature complete and it is also lacking something. A confirmed update to Froyo in August. If Samsung follows through with their updates like they did with the Moment I don't see Froyo on this until at least years end if not later.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only real Droids are made by Motorola. All others are brother Android phones that Verizon IMHO has mistakenly allowed the title "Droid" to be added.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
$$$$ - Microsoft still has some big pockets.

QFT. WHY on earth does Samsung feel the need to put MS crap on Android? Leave the freakin' Bing for Windows Phone 7.